LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    I've got my eye on the surf forecast, water temp and work schedule. Trial runs on the board will be ASAP! I'll defiantly keep you guys posted. I can picture myself paddling out to about the end of the pier at Folly on a big swell day and riding one all the way in! I'll try to post early enough on when I'll be out surfing it so hopefully some of you guys can come check it out. And maybe even catch a ride or two yourselves!

I've been in sh!tty Omaha Nebraska for a week and ready to get back in the water. Let me know!

Will do! My weekends are usually free.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Roy did not call himself a 'Zen Master' nor does he consider his opinions to be 'hippy crap', and he doesn't rate the Grateful Dead highly at all.

If the article said you were female you would have had him edit it... The article is on the internet, at any point you can e-mail/call the guy and say, "Hey, I misled you in the article, I am not a Zen master." Something tells me you are happy taken on that title that you did not earn. Not a personal attack, just the facts.

You know little about the surf media, in my experience one is given no opportunity except in rare cases, to edit or even see the article prior to publication. This case was one of those exceptions: I was shown the text but was not told what the title would be.

Regretfully I thing this thread has run its coarse. And at much cost to Roy which was never my intention. I drew inspiration from his work which I hold in very high regard and wanted to post a few pictures to share the stoke. The thread is now riddled with personal attacks and now an interested reader can't read it and look at a few pics without sifting through the B.S. and unsurfboard related nonsense. My apologies to Roy for all the unwarranted abuse he took here. You can think what you want about him and post it in a personal message to him and not on my thread. My personal opinion is that the surfboards he creates are fantastic functional works of art. Period. So to those who have posted compliments on the board you have my thanks. And to those who post nothing but hate and discontent...I would appreciate it if you stop posting.

Thankyou very much Steve.

Perhaps, if you think that this thread is now wrecked you could start another so that we can enjoy your ride reports?

I'm sure that we are all keen to see them if you'd like to share the experience.

Regretfully I thing this thread has run its coarse. And at much cost to Roy which was never my intention. I drew inspiration from his work which I hold in very high regard and wanted to post a few pictures to share the stoke. The thread is now riddled with personal attacks and now an interested reader can't read it and look at a few pics without sifting through the B.S. and unsurfboard related nonsense. My apologies to Roy for all the unwarranted abuse he took here. You can think what you want about him and post it in a personal message to him and not on my thread. My personal opinion is that the surfboards he creates are fantastic functional works of art. Period. So to those who have posted compliments on the board you have my thanks. And to those who post nothing but hate and discontent...I would appreciate it if you stop posting.
    You sure you are from SC?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    You sure you are from SC?
    Perhaps my initial analysis was correct.

I live in sc but I'm from Chicagoland Area

See "A ride report by Steve83" for details on the ride.

Images
    Steve 83 the parallel profile long board you have created is great. I love the Roy style boards. I'll be making mine soon too. Thanks for creating such an interesting thread.