LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

As for the guy in the Carolina woods who has decided to imprint upon you like a gosling does a goose, in the form of making his own 'Roy Stuart Creations' (gack!), dude, quit while you're sort of ahead.
    A succinct expression of the usual agenda when anyone expresses appreciation of these boards or builds one.

Fact is the designs are superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    A succinct expression of the usual agenda when anyone expresses appreciation of these boards or builds one.

Fact is the designs are superb.

yo man u need to defend ur honor in that thread about you bro

Correct......

You are full of sh&t and have made, along with others here dozens of personal attacks.

The only reason I'm here is because ZaGaffer posted that my boards are the 'lamest surf products'.

Funny how it's all good when Steve has a go at it though...
    That was a good thread. Every body had good laugh. 'Til someone farted in the ice cream.

Roy, I think that you make some real nice boards. The fact that people admire them enough to copy their designs certainly speaks volumes, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

But, I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark and assume that Steve doesn't wear a bright orange wetsuit and white gath helmet while surfing two footers.

I've followed your internet saga for several years now and read the post quoted above right before my evening surf. While waiting to drop into some nasty, closed out, dumpy, windswell beach break that would look familiar to our friends on the East Coast, I started thinking about your question. Why does Roy get so much sh!1?

Cisco, you attract trouble like a fiddler attracts a square dance.

Roy, I dig that fact that you march to the beat of your own drum; but as I kicked out of a wave today I was struck dumb by a thought that sprang forth like Minerva.

Roy Stuart is going to be labeled the biggest kook in the history of surfing.

Surfing for me is much like yoga or meditation; my brain kind of turns off, I get tuned in. I think that I have these moments of clarity, perhaps so perhaps not.

Unless you can seriously revise what I percieve as the surfing community et al's collective opinion of you, which from what I have observed is extremely negative, I'm afraid that will be your legacy. I think that's kind of tragic as you certainly have a talent for shaping surfboards and a very unique vision and let's face it there are some serious barnies out there who are way bigger kooks. I'm sorry man; but surely you hear the vox populi and you ain't exactly winnin the prize for Miss Congeniality. You piss people off by being steadfast in your opinions and the way you choose to live your life, the way you surf and the boards you make. It's all so wildly different than the mainstream conventions. That's just an observation, not a judgement. I don't see anything wrong with what your doing; but different doesn't fit into most folks' comfort zones. Anybody who says "it's not a popularity contest" sure doesn't get how groups of people work. Some of us bang the homecoming queen, some don't. Know what I mean Verne?

Surfers is like a herd of cats.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That was a good thread. Every body had good laugh. 'Til someone farted in the ice cream.

Roy, I think that you make some real nice boards. The fact that people admire them enough to copy their designs certainly speaks volumes, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

But, I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark and assume that Steve doesn't wear a bright orange wetsuit and white gath helmet while surfing two footers.

I've followed your internet saga for several years now and read the post quoted above right before my evening surf. While waiting to drop into some nasty, closed out, dumpy, windswell beach break that would look familiar to our friends on the East Coast, I started thinking about your question. Why does Roy get so much sh!1?

Cisco, you attract trouble like a fiddler attracts a square dance.

Roy, I dig that fact that you march to the beat of your own drum; but as I kicked out of a wave today I was struck dumb by a thought that sprang forth like Minerva.

Roy Stuart is going to be labeled the biggest kook in the history of surfing.

Surfing for me is much like yoga or meditation; my brain kind of turns off, I get tuned in. I think that I have these moments of clarity, perhaps so perhaps not.

Unless you can seriously revise what I percieve as the surfing community et al's collective opinion of you, which from what I have observed is extremely negative, I'm afraid that will be your legacy. I think that's kind of tragic as you certainly have a talent for shaping surfboards and a very unique vision and let's face it there are some serious barnies out there who are way bigger kooks. I'm sorry man; but surely you hear the vox populi and you ain't exactly winnin the prize for Miss Congeniality. You piss people off by being steadfast in your opinions and the way you choose to live your life, the way you surf and the boards you make. It's all so wildly different than the mainstream conventions. That's just an observation, not a judgement. I don't see anything wrong with what your doing; but different doesn't fit into most folks' comfort zones. Anybody who says "it's not a popularity contest" sure doesn't get how groups of people work. Some of us bang the homecoming queen, some don't. Know what I mean Verne?

Surfers is like a herd of cats.
    god thats insightful man. honestly u summed this dude roy up for me perfectly. next time im out in the lineup and some kooky neonclad super snakes me on a wave ill just assume hes "pullin a roy" and ill be over it with a smile on my face. Roy u should be happy man, despite all the pain you caused people through your ignorance of denying the holocost, you will make many more smile by being the mythical "biggest kook of all time". The santa clause of kookery, and jesus of barns.

Your post suggests that what other people think is more important than personal integrity, John Adams would not agre and nor do I.

besides, you neglect to mention that my boards and persona are appreciated by a significant ( and increasing) number of people.

The haters here and elsewhere are of no great consequence, although their existence does serve a positive end namely it focuses and polarises opinion.

To put it in perspective, when in the water the vast majority ( probably 99.9% ) of the unsolicted feedback which I get from other surfers is positive, and often even highly enthusiastic.... haters and trolls are extremely rare.

I don't agree with your 'legacy' judgement either, partly for the reason given above.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    god thats insightful man. honestly u summed this dude roy up for me perfectly.
    Actually he summed up the intolerant haters.

Actually he summed up the intolerant haters.
    i mean im very tolerant, and know nothing about you, but this sounds like you man.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

assume that Steve doesn't wear a bright orange wetsuit and white gath helmet while surfing two footers.

Sorry but only the brainwashed under call waves to that extent..the same applies to those who object to certain wetsuit colours.

Sorry but only the brainwashed under call waves to that extent..the same applies to those who object to certain wetsuit colours.
    i mean hes not really objecting, just making fun of you.

and i mean if you mean brainwashed by the laws of logic and reason, then yea. those waves were MAYBE 4 feet at max maybe if ur being really generous. if u think units of measurement are a brainwashing tactic, then i guess it explains why ur boards are over 10 feet