LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!! I bet it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Who else makes boards like Roy?
    You did Bro and a damn nice one too but would you really sell one to somebody for a mil and feel good about yourself knowing the true cost associated with it?

However as I said the boards are very cool and look amazing. I hate people who trash a type of board design since it's not "new" or "in", I say ride it all.
    Last edited by rcarter; Apr 19, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Every one is entitled to there opinion. Some might say a Rolex, Bently, or famous painting is over priced. I't is art work. So price is not determined by labor and cost of material. Who else makes boards like Roy? You can't buy them at the local surf shop. There hand crafted by a master shaper/builder.
    Gets lonely out in the woods, sometimes. A man can start to lose his, um, perspective.

Having given voice to that concern, I agree with others: that thar's a purty chunk of board. You do know, yes?, that Roy is working on his patent infringement lawsuit for you even as you read this.

We're all waiting, and keen, to see how she rolls. Seriously.

Curiosity: did you pay Roy $100k for the plans or did you guesstimate your design based on Roy's inundation of the Internet with his 'data,' such as it is?
    Last edited by yankee; Apr 19, 2013 at 02:40 AM.

Just a finish coat left to go. Roy's parallel profile design was to tempting not to try.
    btw... when you take this out for a surf are you going to wear an orange jump suit and white space helmet?

Nice work Steve. Really cool. Is that the same design as the Future Primitive a.k.a. the Infamous Pipeline Challenge board? Also, what kind of wood did you use, paulownia? What are the dims? And, are you gonna let everybody ride it like Roy did?

It always inspiring to see someone bring something like this together.

Images
    Let me know when you take it out, I live on James island. I'll take my HWS out too. Finally getting the hang of it.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on a very tidy job and a great looking board.

Acording to the dimensions which you posted she's similar to the 'Earl' 10-6 with one or two differences e.g a narrower nose and a bit more rocker.

I bet that she'll handle nicely and like the pocket.

Thanks for choosing the parallel profile method too.

This board:

Oh boy ... he's spawning...

Thanks Roy and all who have complimented the board! The Earl was the inspiration for this build. The Earl is a board that has captivated my interest for quite some time now. It's a solid and well thought out design. Here are some of the of board specifications of the board I built.
    Build materials:
    Western red cedar
    West system 207 special clear
    Sawdust as to thicken epoxy
    4 oz glass (for fin only)

Board specs:
    Length 10' 6"
    Thickness 2 1/8"
    Width 27"
    4 layers torsion box construction

Fin specs:
    6 layers western red cedar