LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I don't know, man. If he is trollin, he did a good job finding a place to match the low country scenery. That pic looks like James island.
    Not familiar w/ SC scenery, definitely didn't look like NZ to me, but it was just too weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    This board:

Roy, this video shows your board is not fast enough to make sections...

The board is currently in the shop getting sanded for a finish coat. I expect it to be completely finished in a week. When the board is completely finished I plan to do some showings at the local surf shops. I would be glad to meet up with some of you so you can check the board out in person.
    As far as me being Roy Stewart in disguise.........common guys....really? I would be more than happy to face time with you (if anyone has an iPhone or iPad). Or maybe I could disclose some local info that would disprove that rumor. Like The Folly Beach drinking ban, or that old boat on the side of the road on the way to Folly beach that everyone repaints every week or so. How about that! Ha Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Roy, this video shows your board is not fast enough to make sections...
    Who needs to make sections when you can just go straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    The board is currently in the shop getting sanded for a finish coat. I expect it to be completely finished in a week. When the board is completely finished I plan to do some showings at the local surf shops. I would be glad to meet up with some of you so you can check the board out in person.
    As far as me being Roy Stewart in disguise.........common guys....really? I would be more than happy to face time with you (if anyone has an iPhone or iPad). Or maybe I could disclose some local info that would disprove that rumor. Like The Folly Beach drinking ban, or that old boat on the side of the road on the way to Folly beach that everyone repaints every week or so. How about that! Ha Ha Ha
    Make sure you plan a trip to Odyssey. They would probably love to check the board out, and I would love to stop by and see it. Was I correct that you live on James Island?

Build picture

Here is a picture of the third layer being glued up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No not James Island but close. I live in North Charleston.

No not James Island but close. I live in North Charleston.
    Ah, ok. I work in North Charleston.

Images
    Don't parade it around at surf shops come surf it as soon as it's dry.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    It just seemed too fishy to me, especially now that Roy came out of hiding for the Boston thread...and then for such a big fan of Roy to get his last name wrong, make the Rolex/bentley analogy, state that Roy's prices were fair...again, I may just be paranoid, but i had to throw it out there. Or your assessment of him spawning is the truth...maybe Roy's like a gremlin, if he get's wet after midnight maybe he spawns.
    Paranoia is good. The post-midnight gremlin thing, that was even better.

I wonder if they'll crack a bottle of champagne on the prow of that beast. I guess we'll know soon enough what the heck actually is going on in the low country.