LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    we are not going to lose our guns... that point was made loud and clear over the last 2 weeks when the bill was turned away.
    No, but I can't find .223 ammo anywhere in CT, and I may have to register high capacity magazines or risk a class d felony if I dont and get caught.

I suspect you probably don't have many friends and you spend a lot of time with your own thoughts with no one to keep you in check.

you have said nothing new to me or probably anyone on this board other than you are a bit of a whacky guy. Its ok to suspect something is not what it is on the surface.... but you're going to need facts that actually support what you're saying, not just coincidental surface connections.
    Aww poor baby sounds like i hurt your feelings. It will all be ok i promise. Personal attacks on me are just your ignorance gleaming through my computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post
    Finding myself somewhere in between you and the young'uns your post is directed towards.... let me redirect your question back at you: What HAVE YOU done to "right the ship" in your half century? I don't mean this as a personal attack at all. I think that we all need to ask OURSELVES this question rather than asking others what they are doing.

As for myself, I haven't been any Gandhi or Mother Theresa, but I try to do what I can within my own little sphere... volunteering in charity events (not just donating money), teaching kids how to surf, coaching kids soccer, and most importantly challenging my own assumptions.

That being said... I can always do better. WE can do better, I'm sure of it.
    I tried to start a 2nd American Revolution back in 1992 but failed miserably. Everybody was too happy that Clinton got elected to rebel with me. So I ended up joining a 1% Motorcycle club to distance myself from the establishment. (true story: Support your local 16s) but ended up in Prison. Then, I decided to help people less fortunate than me. I was a Drug/Alcohol counselor for 10 years. (What a hypocrite I am, being a Jack Daniels guy and all). The reason I asked the questions was not to complain. If I had solutions I would share with all. I was hoping the younger guys (more in touch with today's world than I) would be thinking about how to fix this mess than just complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis55 View Post
    Aww poor baby sounds like i hurt your feelings. It will all be ok i promise. Personal attacks on me are just your ignorance gleaming through my computer screen.
    actually your response is a classic "I think Im smart, but he said something rude to me, but since i think Im smart Im going to reply in condescending manner to show everyone how smart I am" sign of being insulted in a way that it actually hurts you. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    No, but I can't find .223 ammo anywhere in CT, and I may have to register high capacity magazines or risk a class d felony if I dont and get caught.
    you should already have some put away....

Images
    you should already have some put away....
    Don't worry about that, but I'm of the mindset that one can always have more.

You're starting to strike me as a guy who has an answer to everything, but not being able to obtain ammunition is a problem, regardless of how much you have. And the amount being bought by the government is ridiculuous.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Apr 26, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Don't worry about that, but I'm of the mindset that one can always have more.

You're starting to strike me as a guy who has an answer to everything, but not being able to obtain ammunition is a problem, regardless of how much you have. And the amount being bought by the government is ridiculuous.
    I only say that because I figured everyone who has the guns would have bought the ammo to go with it. thats been my situation.
    But honestly, imagine if we had to duke it out with our govt.... no amount of ammo would be enough. but at the same time, its vitally important, in my opinion, for the citizens to be armed. It sends the right message about america and our way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by gnargnar View Post
    So you're telling me that the sweet words of Will Pepper and a jury of 12 people stand alone as concrete evidence that MLK was assassinated in a conspiracy and not by James Earl Ray? I did know about the conspiracy, but I think that the mere fact that you doubted that knowledge in me is very telling. I think it means that you already assumed that it slipped under the radars of most people because of its insignificance. The truth is that it is a decision made by a group of people who do not represent the entire population of the country and who are not clairvoyant means that their decisions are not rock solid proof of something happening. It comes down to this: there will always be a group of people who cling to conspiracies. The decision of beliefs is something this country is rooted in and is something we can all agree on as something we love about it. Are there questionable things that have happened? Yes. Did the military lie to the Tillman's? Yes. Does it change the fact that he fought for our right to disagree with each other right now? Absolutely not. All of that aside, my post was not about government conspiracies as a whole. It was about the Boston Bombing, and that there are hard fact and evidence to prove that it was not an act of the government on its own people. You can discuss previous scandals and conspiracies all you want, but it does not detract from or add to the argument regarding Boston.
    innocent until proven guilty. the government was proven guilty of assassinating king. By questioning the courts decision arent YOU a conspiracy theorist?

Quote Originally Posted by NJAZguy View Post
    I don't think anyone will ever know the whole story about the bombing. Just like 9/11, some will believe the govt story, some will believe the conspiracy stories, and some will be stuck in the middle. Amidst all this we will have an official story that is put out by the government and it makes it very easy for someone who has done no research to take that story as gospel truth. The flip side, someone can always justify a conspiracy. The evidence of proof on either side, surprisingly, is about equal. So you get this split dialogue.

I, for one, think to have this dialogue is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT and it actually defines what America is all about. Places like North Korea, China, Cuba, Pakistan...these are places where political disonance is punishable by extremes. These are places where "thinking" can be considered dangerous. The difference between those places and the USA? We have a Constitution. Seriously, that's about it. When it comes down to it, we have rights that are higher than any government entity and if we don't exercise them then we will find ourselves losing them very quickly.

Case in point, what happened after 9/11? The Patriot Act...it was an assault on rights in the name of fighting terrorism. What happened after Boston? "Shelter in Place" - AKA Martial Law. Not good. Violation of 4th Amendment. TSA? Well that goes into the 4th amendment also. What was the response to Sandy Hook and Aurora? A push for gun/ammo bans....eroding the 2nd amendment. These are responses to tragic events...I'm not even gonna start with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)....google that one for a nightmare read. That thing infringes on about every Bill of Right.

Point is that unless people exercise their god-given rights, and push to maintain them, then terrorism has already won. I am way less concerned with Conspiracies than I am with how we respond to acts of terrorism. The Martial Law thing in Boston and Watertown was absolutely horrific. To see the people cheering for police to invade their homes, guns drawn, was horrible and should not happen in a free society. And my evidence of support? We have a Constitution. I don't need to even go any further. It ends there. I win that argument at the highest court every time.
    our constitution is now toilet paper. every amendment based freedom in the bill of rights has been revoked. someone please provide evidence of one that has not.

^this is worth a watch. 2 minutes long, regardless of you believe it or not.