LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't worth replying to. When I see a peer reviewed scientific study published in an independent journal, then it will be real information. Until then, it is pseudoscience and the antithesis of good scientific process.
    also, all you have to see the ****ed up **** our government tries to pass on a daily basis go on www.opencongress.org

look up hr645 in the 110th session. Fema concentration camp bill, lose all rights of habeus corpus when u enter the "relocation camp" and there used for "whatever the secretary of defense deems necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    clearly brew u havent read my source
    Nicolas Cage is a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    also, all you have to see the ****ed up **** our government tries to pass on a daily basis go on www.opencongress.org

look up hr645 in the 110th session. Fema concentration camp bill, lose all rights of habeus corpus when u enter the "relocation camp" and there used for "whatever the secretary of defense deems necessary."
    Our elected officials are pretty dumb. No conspiracy needed, as the publicize their lack of intelligence for all to see.

Our elected officials are pretty dumb. No conspiracy needed, as the publicize their lack of intelligence for all to see.
    yea man i love that website. its real cool cause it lets you comment on each segment of the bill text, and it shows the whole un-edit text, all the versions that go through the house and senate, any changes or amendments that were made and also where the bill currently is (most get buried in committee). That way when someone rattles off about a conspiracy theory, you can ask them what the bill number is (they usually dont know cause their full of ****) and look it up and make your own opinions. I ALWAYS do that if i see something on infowars or some other conspiracy watch dog site. Youd be surprised what you can find on open congress.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    plus you can used the residue to make some killer muffins. It's like having your cake and eating it too. with out hacking up a lung in the process.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9PiW68yQg

trev, haha that Nick Cage sh!t had me rollin'...antoine cage..i think i just coughed up a lung.
    hide your husbands, too 'cause they rapin' everybody out here.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; May 5, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

When I see a peer reviewed scientific study published in an independent journal, then it will be real information. Until then, it is pseudoscience and the antithesis of good scientific process.
    An uneducated reply, you obviously know little about scientific method and instead rely on an invalid 'argument from authority'.

According to your theory no science existed before the first peer reviewed scientific journal, a ludicrous conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    [SIZE=4]

they are not teaching them critical thinking.

That's right, instead they teach them to avoid thinking, listen to authority, worship the hierarchy and only listen to official 'experts'.

It's a recipe for disaster.

Some of us actually live by the scientific method, and we find many of the claims by sites like AJ to be completely ignorant.
    You certainly don't... you use the antithesis of the scientific method which is to believe what the official 'experts' say.

Doing that is to abdicate responsibility for critical thinking, and it also relies on an invalid argument from authority.

Your whole attitude is nothing more than a pose and an excuse not to think. The result of this is ignorance.

]

It should also be interesting that almost no reputable scientist or medical professional backs the claims made by many conspiracy sites.
    A very vague claim, and the usual method by which it is made 'true' is to make the site disreputable by definition e.g. if it contains a 'conspiracy' allegation it is deemed to be disreputable automatically. That however is a circular argument.

I am saying we should listen to educated professionals over some tin foil hat sites where the collective IQ doesn't crest 100.
    A nonsensical statement which doesn't tally with reality.

It's easy to say that whistleblowers, and alternative media have low IQ levels but according to your own standards there must be a peer reviewed scientific journal proving this otherwise you are not even being consistent with your own claimed methodology.

Frankly, your thinking is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    An uneducated reply, you obviously know little about scientific method and instead rely on an invalid 'argument from authority'.

According to your theory no science existed before the first peer reviewed scientific journal, a ludicrous conclusion.

Oh, comments from a man with no scientific background. In modern scientific discovery, peer review is needed. This has nothing to do with the past, as the world of R&D has changed. Peer review is not a form of authority, it is a way to weed out the pseudoscience that infects the world today. Anyone can do research and have it reviewed. People like you are against this sort of thing as it may bring an end to your world of conspiracy and fake science.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    You certainly don't... you use the antithesis of the scientific method which is to believe what the official 'experts' say.

Doing that is to abdicate responsibility for critical thinking, and it also relies on an invalid argument from authority.

Your whole attitude is nothing more than a pose and an excuse not to think. The result of this is ignorance.

A very vague claim, and the usual method by which it is made 'true' is to make the site disreputable by definition e.g. if it contains a 'conspiracy' allegation it is deemed to be disreputable automatically. That however is a circular argument.

A nonsensical statement which doesn't tally with reality.

It's easy to say that whistleblowers, and alternative media have low IQ levels but according to your own standards there must be a peer reviewed scientific journal proving this otherwise you are not even being consistent with your own claimed methodology.

Frankly, your thinking is a mess.
    Hey Roy, what is your degree in? I am sure that isn't important, right? Higher education is all a conspiracy. I am quite certain my degree in mechanical engineering and years of professional experience in research and development allow me to make a fairly thorough observation of the misinformation involved with sites like AJ.