LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Your certainty is misguided... you make many basic errors of logic in your thinking, two of which I mentioned earlier.

I notice that you tried to weasel out of your 'scientific method' faux pas by qualifying it as 'modern' science. Doing that introduces a circularity to the argument which renders it useless.

In my experience science students and graduates are often the worst at understanding scientific method... they hear all about it but the net result is blind faith in the hierarchy and its experts.

By the way it is no use just grandstanding regarding your qualifications... 'handsome is as handsome does' and one can't cover up faulty thinking by waving a qualification about... that's just an argument from authority, it is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Your certainty is misguided... you make many basic errors of logic in your thinking, two of which I mentioned earlier.

I notice that you tried to weasel out of your 'scientific method' faux pas by qualifying it as 'modern' science. Doing that introduces a circularity to the argument which renders it useless.

In my experience science students and graduates are often the worst at understanding scientific method... they hear all about it but the net result is blind faith in the hierarchy and its experts.

By the way it is no use just grandstanding regarding your qualifications... 'handsome is as handsome does' and one can't cover up faulty thinking by waving a qualification about... that's just an argument from authority, it is invalid.

Just like I thought. No degree? You know nothing of science. Of course I mention modern science. The modern world of R&D is completely different than it was 50+ years ago. You would know that if you were part of it.

As for waving qualifications, I think you are the king of that. Any time anyone questions your boards, you talk about your 30 years of shaping experience and how you invented this and that. Pot, meet kettle.

Kudos BrewE... for taking up this lost cause. As I would never attempt to lecture Roy S. on the subject of fine-art of board building, I find it ludicrous that he would lecture engineers, oceanographers, and other true scientists on the matter of critical thinking.

It's always the case with these conspiracy-theory whack-jobs. They cite bogus websites as their primary sources, grainy videos, and mock the scientific rigor of methods that they know literally NOTHING about. Their insistence that we "wake up", that our thinking is somehow more clouded than the drug-addled mind of a "zen-master" wooden surfboard builder is the most egregious of insults. Those of us who have dedicated our lives to scientific rigor and patient/persistent TESTING of fact understand that the process of hypothesis, data collection, analysis, verification, and ultimately proof/disproof is the BEST TOOL in mankind's arsenal for discovery.

My suspicion is that the statement, "In my experience science students and graduates are often the worst at understanding scientific method..." should be translated into, "I really have no experience with the scientific method and therefore am unqualified to address the topic."

Images
    Whoa...as NJSM says, POwned.

i'm over this post. all of you not willing to look at issues with open minds, suit yourself. good luck eating your GMO's and aspartame fluoride laced foods and drinks. make sure you keep up to date with your vaccines laced with mercury and formaldehyde. don't be late on your taxes and do just what big sis tells you. go back to sleep and everything will be just fine. just be sure you don't wake up cuz the truth of reality will scare the crap out of you. FAREWELL

You really don't realize why they had to pull civilians out of thir homes? They weren't aresting them, they were protecting them. They clear the house make sure Jahar is not in there and then the people go back in their homes.
    WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    watch these videos and look at the pictures and tell me if the people of Boston had any choice but to cooperate.yeah Martial Law is bad for business, and Boston and the surrounding neighborhoods were closed for business. people could not go to work. no business or person was compensated for the monetary loss either. total f**kin MARTIAL LAW!!!!

http://www.infowars.com/video-swat-p...e-after-house/

http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-vi...own-speak-out/

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing wrong with questioning the govt. You should not trust everything they tell you... But when you cry conspiracy all the time, you sound like a fool!!!
    Read the sory of the boywho cried wolf

[/size]
    knowledge is power!
    there was a reason why the early slaves of this country were forbidden to learn how to read and right. Look at the current educational system and no child left behind bullcrap. They are teaching kids to just pass test, they are not teaching them critical thinking.

i'm over this post. all of you not willing to look at issues with open minds, suit yourself. good luck eating your GMO's and aspartame fluoride laced foods and drinks. make sure you keep up to date with your vaccines laced with mercury and formaldehyde. don't be late on your taxes and do just what big sis tells you. go back to sleep and everything will be just fine. just be sure you don't wake up cuz the truth of reality will scare the crap out of you. FAREWELL
    I love my vaccines. Kept me from getting measles and mumps, along with many other illnesses. If you want to complain about mercury, look to the fishing industry. Way more mercury in a large fish than any other source. Wake up!
    PS, I don't eat artificial sweetener. I don't like the taste and I don't see a reason to use it. However, it seems to be a blessing to fat people with no self control. Considering how many people that die from heart disease, and the obesity rate, I think those people are better off taking a chance with the artificial stuff. If you look into the chemistry behind aspartame, it isn't that scary. The other artificial sweeteners out there are way more questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Just like I thought. No degree?

You know nothing of science.
    Please apply your idea of scientific method to the claims above re. degree and knowledge of science.

Provide evidence to back up your theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Please apply your idea of scientific method to the claims above re. degree and knowledge of science.

Provide evidence to back up your theories.

What theories? I posted two links with multiple resources, all of which come from peer reviewed research. You have posted nothing but sh1t talk.
    Oh, I know. The "zen master" doesn't need education to know science. The knowledge just flows into him from nature. This may explain why you are so gullible as to believe stuff that comes from site like AJ.