LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Hahahaha... OK buddy. I'm drinking the Koolaid.

It doesn't matter that the kid WAS actually hiding in a persons yard. They knew he was in the neighbohood and were trying to locate him. He could have been hiding in a home putting a family in danger. You have to get them out of the house before you search it, so nobody gets hurt if they do find the suspect....
    How do you not get that?!?! And it's not Koolaid... You should have yourself a tall glass of Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    hahahaha!!!! Keep drinking the koolaid buddy!

Images
    I've been trying to avoid the political stuff here, but what I personally fear in a situation like that is my dog getting killed...he doesn't take kindly to people pounding on the door, and it doesn't seem like one would have the time to properly contain pets, and I've heard horror stories of dogs getting killed in these types of situations. Also, not a huge fan of the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about" philosophy...what if I do have something I want to keep hidden, like a plant that I shouldn't have to worry about hiding but do anyway...all hypothetical I know, just some random thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    well, i never really thought about the whole marshal law aspect of the searches in Boston. I am no conspiracy theorist by any means, but now that you mention it, the fact that the US government was entering homes and businesses without consent is BS. You can say that it was "for public safety", but ANY and EVERY head of household could simply be asked to search their homes in full, while the authorities wait on the porch. Once uncle Sam starts poking his head into civilian homes without authorization, forcefully, that is a problem. No matter what the situation... Now, if they had a lead on a certain address, location or accomplice then you have just cause to enter a home... But entering every home within a certain zip code with automatic weapons, that just isnt cool. Everything in my home is legal and I am a law abiding citizen, but I can think of 100 different scenarios where people would not like government agencies inside their homes poking around.

It was not for "public safety" to me at that point, that was just a means to an end. The end needed to be a quick capture of a suspect and means was by any means necessary, right or wrong... And they went with the wrong side of things and produced desired results...

If you want to scream "justice", than you must act accordingly and follow the guidelines that are set forth to maintain "justice"... I.E. Not entering civilian homes.
    They are allowed to do this under martial law. It is sad for the innocent people involved, but this is the knee jerk reaction you get with a surprise terrorist attack in this country. I am not happy to see it happen, but I am also not going to cry government conspiracy. More like unprepared government reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Hahahaha... OK buddy. I'm drinking the Koolaid.

It doesn't matter that the kid WAS actually hiding in a persons yard. They knew he was in the neighbohood and were trying to locate him. He could have been hiding in a home putting a family in danger. You have to get them out of the house before you search it, so nobody gets hurt if they do find the suspect....
    How do you not get that?!?! And it's not Koolaid... You should have yourself a tall glass of Common Sense

One point is missed on this whole discussion. Had the good citizens of Boston been armed, this whole search process would have been MUCH more limited. I also think that if the cops knocked on the door and the people said they didn't see anybody in their house they should have moved on. There was definitely some overkill on the cops part but that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post

you are wrong. it was monsanto.

Agreed with both parts... You should be allowed to defend yourself.
    If you say nobody is there, they should beieve you... But you may not know he's there. What if he snuck in a basement window and hid under a bed?

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    One point is missed on this whole discussion. Had the good citizens of Boston been armed, this whole search process would have been MUCH more limited. I also think that if the cops knocked on the door and the people said they didn't see anybody in their house they should have moved on. There was definitely some overkill on the cops part but that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    And Gun Dudes......... The guvment isn't going to take away peoples' guns. Keeping the looney tunes of society from legally purchasing firearms, via background checks, is a FAR cry from the guvment taking away peoples' guns. It would take decades to launch a " Take away their guns" campaign, and it would only cause death, chaos and rebel intaglements.
    I'm no conspiracy nut but I don't care what the gov. says a law is intended for. All that matters is what is written within the law. I don't think it was even 6 months before police were using the Patriot Act to hammer down on crack dealers and search traveler's laptops for pron and nude pics of someones wife.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Agreed with both parts... You should be allowed to defend yourself.
    If you say nobody is there, they should beieve you... But you may not know he's there. What if he snuck in a basement window and hid under a bed?
    its actually pretty hard to sneak into a house when its occupied and if they do, that is where the 'being able to defend yourself' comes in.

Really? How? So the kid goes and runs under a boat tarp without being seen. How would the PD have done "more limited" a search if more of the residents are armed? I support bearing arms, not sure how this search plays out differently.
    Last edited by scotty; May 6, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

If the good folks of Bahston had been southern teabaggers, how would they have reacted to armed "gubmint Officials" entering their property with guns drawn? There'd be another Waco. or Hueco where their houses were.

Yeah, SeldomSeen, that's my worse fear too. We don't lock out doors because of our dog, Brujo. Piggies love shooting puppies for shore.