LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

springtime on the forum

sunny,warmer days,and so many surfers are returning to the ocean/forum,but they need to know if their 4/3 will be enough,and we are here to soothe and reassure.we all can't wait for 3/2 no boots/gloves,but it's still cold.i remember being a young teen and saving up for a 5 mil so i could surf all year...how about you?

i remember going out in 3/2's boots and gloves and being "fine" when most were in 5 mils becuase i didn't have a wintersuit. i didn't know any better. then i got that first 5 mil and was actually warm and surfing in Feb? changed everything.

Images
    I remember wearing my springsuit over my fully to squeeze in a couple hours.

*before taped seams and all the technological advancements of the past ten years or so.

o'neill animal skin was the top suit late 70's and the thing was like a straightjacket.restricto.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    o'neill animal skin was the top suit late 70's and the thing was like a straightjacket.restricto.
    ^^had one of those from Sundancer. Then i got a 5mm suit (no 5/4/3 just 5).

ah yes, I can finally climb out of my Labrador puppy pelt suit into a normal neoprene one. Bless the sun...

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    ^^had one of those from Sundancer. Then i got a 5mm suit (no 5/4/3 just 5).
    Wow - Sundancer brings back some memories.

I had a 7mm dive suit when I was a teenager. I felt like the kid from A Christmas Story - could hardly move. It was a front zip and flushed like crazy.

My used 4/3 got me through this VA Beach winter. My first winter surfing. It's been warming up quite a bit the last couple weeks and nice to shed the hood and gloves. Gotta hand it to you guys up north. Winter water temp here of 42 was cold enough for me.
    Didn't surf when I was a teenager in Calif. It was skin diving, spearfishing, and getting abalone. The wetsuits we had back then tended to be cobbled together collections of used parts passed down from older friends or mix-match clearance sale items from dive or surf shops. Never really fit well, but we couldn't afford much else.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Went out in trunks yesterday. Still a bit chilly though.

Images
    lipsmacker, you're in florida. please exit this conversation haha. i went on monday in vb in a 3/2, 2 mil boots wore those all winter, only ones i had), and 3 mil gloves and i was really warm for 3 hrs. damn i was so tired of wearing my 5/4