LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bawston

Bawston

This is for all you Massachusets dudes. I'm applying to schools for transfer in the fall and I'm still pretty undecided. I was looking into Mass College of Art and Design in Boston and was curious if there were any decent breaks in the area? Don't gotta name names, just a simple yes or no would suffice. Thanks for the help in advance.

Depends what you consider "decent". Around the city? I say no. epictetus the troll says yes.

If you're into design, you may want to scope RISD and hit Newport on the reg. You'll be in a cleaner place and get way more waves. But you'll have to deal with Rhodey cats and you see how some of them behave on here lol

Oh, btw, as many natives here say "Bawwwstonnnn" as Californians call their home "Cali".

No decent breaks in the area. It's Boston bro. Apparently there is a wave by yankee lobster in the harbor.

Should be plenty of rich wahines and nerdy sports drunks however.

Also u burger

Anything "decent" within at least a 20-30 min drive would be fine with me.

And I would love to go to RISD, but that is 60 grand a year I do not have my friend. Trying to stay out of the hole the best I can, while still going to a decent art school.

Go to harpoon brewery find the surfer dude he'll show you the break. Pretty sure it sucks though.

Like yeah you surfing but not really kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarbutter View Post
    Anything "decent" within at least a 20-30 min drive would be fine with me.

And I would love to go to RISD, but that is 60 grand a year I do not have my friend. Trying to stay out of the hole the best I can, while still going to a decent art school.
    How much is SCAD? Savannah is supposed to be beautiful. You have Georgia surf to deal with but at least it's on the ocean.

20-30 minutes from the city won't get you much in Beantown for surf. 45-60, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    How much is SCAD? Savannah is supposed to be beautiful. You have Georgia surf to deal with but at least it's on the ocean.

20-30 minutes from the city won't get you much in Beantown for surf. 45-60, different story.
    SCAD never crossed my mind. To be completely honest, I didn't think it was that close to the beach haha. I will look into that, thanks hombre. As far as Mass Art, I think you have talked me out of it. I'll probably still apply, just because it is relatively cheap and a pretty good school.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarbutter View Post
    SCAD never crossed my mind. To be completely honest, I didn't think it was that close to the beach haha. I will look into that, thanks hombre. As far as Mass Art, I think you have talked me out of it. I'll probably still apply, just because it is relatively cheap and a pretty good school.
    Do NOT underestimate the value of the Southern Belle. Yeah bro, it's right there on the SC line. Tybee Island I think is the headland to surf at. I may be wrong about that. There are probably a few spots along the coast. Short drive I believe.

As many knowledgeable older guys have said on here I'll reiterate for you.. "Don't pick a skool with waves as one of the reasons, pick a skool were you can get a good education, make good sauce when you graduate and live somewhere for life that has good waves or take surf trips every year"... lifetime of goodwaves>4 years of great waves... of course you can look at it like I do and go somewhere with great waves then make good sauce and then move somewhere with good waves, best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Iloveswell View Post
    of course you can look at it like I do and go somewhere with great waves then make good sauce and then move somewhere with good waves, best of both worlds
    That's what I'm saying! There are plenty of Good schools near the ocean. I don't need great waves, but I need something.