Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wetsuit rinsing

wetsuit rinsing

Dead sick of rinsing this thing in the shower. any methods other than that to de-ocean some neoprene?

Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    Dead sick of rinsing this thing in the shower. any methods other than that to de-ocean some neoprene?
    I get in the shower with the suit on....take it off... it's rinsed..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdperson View Post
    I get in the shower with the suit on....take it off... it's rinsed..
    That's what I do. I'm pretty thorough about it, or if you have a hose, spray that thing down.

Side note: I was rinsing my suit down in the shower last Saturday and didn't get to the booties yet. They were off and sitting on the shower floor. My girlfriend was hanging out with me just outside of the shower. She poked her head in and was kind of bending over to inspect something. She suddenly says, "eew, what's that smell". I laughed and said, "honey, welcome to bootie juice". She closed the door and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That's what I do. I'm pretty thorough about it, or if you have a hose, spray that thing down.

Side note: I was rinsing my suit down in the shower last Saturday and didn't get to the booties yet. They were off and sitting on the shower floor. My girlfriend was hanging out with me just outside of the shower. She poked her head in and was kind of bending over to inspect something. She suddenly says, "eew, what's that smell". I laughed and said, "honey, welcome to bootie juice". She closed the door and bailed.
    Booty Sweat
    by Al Caccino

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    Booty Sweat
    by Al Caccino

He's talking about cats btw.
    Last edited by Doug; Dec 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

I hose it down outside, then I roll it in a towel to get the excess water off. Then hang it in a tiny room with the dehumidifier going. It dries in a few hours really well. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it. The suit never smells bad and it lasts longer I figure.

I use a storage tub to keep my beach stuff in. After I get out of the water all of my wet stuff goes back in the tub. Throw a hose in it when you get home, fill it up and give everything a good fresh water soak. Dump the tub then hang it all to dry.
    I usually hang my wetsuit inside out so that the inside is dry if I need it again before it's completely dry.

Skip

Images
    I use to do the shower thing when I lived in an apartment and was single- use to even just let it hang and dry in the shower too... The extra all day long moisture from the suit caused quick mold growth in the shower too... But then again I didn't mind (wasn't married yet haha)

Now I change in my basement or at the beach if it's warmer- then just hose it off outside. If it's freezing out, I use the storage tub trick - but more of a quick rinse and quick soak. Then hang in the basement and let it drip into the storage bin. I'm hoping to install a laundry sink in ten basement soon- which would be perfect- but I gotta deal with the drain since the sewer line is like chest hi in the basement.

I only really rinse my newer suits well. Just to make them last longer.

I have also washed them in the wash machine on gentle cycle but it's proabably ng for the suit. Had a friend back in the day who would always wash there suit with bleach even! I remember paddling out and there was this big visible leaking area on the back.. Probably from the bleach... At least they never got staph...

Images
    We got a shower at the park where I go, just rinse me and the wetsuite down real good, take it home, hang it to dry on the porch in the shade, never had a stank problem.

It's a b*tch for me because I live in Brooklyn and don't have much room. My hose is a 4-floor walk to the roof.

I put my suit on the bottom of the tub by the spout, so that the water will flow into the neck. I fold the legs underneath and up against the spout side of the tub (and the arms too), so that the suit will fill with water. Let it fill up, then when you dump it, it's fully flushed and some swishing rinses the other side too.

If it's got some stank I throw some Hibiclens into the mix, that stuff does wonders (thanks Z-gaff).

Then I hang it across two wooden suit-hangers in my room, with one or two fans on it. Towel under one end and a tub under the other. I crank the heat and go to my girlfriends. Wake up to a dry suit.