LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunscreen

Roy, I roll with Waterman's sunblock products, but I have heard that saturating one's beard & orange surf helmet with urine works wonders as a melanoma preventative measure.
    You'd be able to comment on that, wouldn't you?

I used Bullfrog 30 for m face last summer. Doesnt drip into my eyes and sting like so many others have. Just sunbathing or beach running... Coppertone 50 sweatproof has worked really well. Remember to use it on your scalp as well. We dont think about it but the top of our head gets beat without knowing it.
    Last edited by Alvin; Apr 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Roy... let me guess, your sunblock costs 1.47 million dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Huh....?

Roy, you hack, you're just trying to keep your name in the threads. Stop killing bees, don't you realize the bees are being wiped out by human pesticide use? Do you really want to pay $ 9.00 for a tomato next summer, because the bees aren't pollinating anything because there no bees because you have over-utilized beeswax?
    "Once the bees have left the earth, man will have four years left on the planet." Albert Einstein.

I always thought it was pesticides and Monsanto. But it's fuggin Roy!?!?! Dang you to heck Roy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/sc...find.html?_r=0
    Last edited by chicharronne; Apr 21, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: couldn't spell pusticydes, uh, pissdesiduhs, fuggit.

I usually forget before a surf. the surf has sucked the past couple of years. if I see waves, I'm like a little kid at Christmas. I'm lucky if I remember to put a suit on.

http://www.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/

You can find a lot of good info at this single space. My personal feeling is that while none of us like dousing ourselves with Chemicals, we face the choice of accepting sunblock or getting wickedly burned. Not all of us have the tanning abilities of Slater or the Wonderful Wizard or Roy.

Sadly, Watermans doesn't appear on this website...

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    yankee, roy is accurate in some aspects on this one. the particles in most regular sunscreens are called nano particles and they contain benzene which is bad for humans overlong periods of exposure. that's why i use zinc oxides. the particles are large and dont get into your skin, they last forever and they block UVA UVB etc.

i'm going to call you out on this one because i think it needs to be said. you rarely have a nice thing to say man. if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it at all. They less you say, the less problems you'll have. try it man. it makes life a lot easier and enjoyable.
    Peace
    Oh lighten up Francis. You can lower the peace out stuff, eh, you're not exactly Gandhi yourself. You post some good stuff & you post some yah yah. Just like everyone else. You don't need my approval & I don't need yours.
    Feel free to read my posts, you'll see plenty of positivity as well as the ripostes of certain others.
    Have a good surf, sparky.

Images
    Nah man, I recall a rather heartwarming post by my pal Yankee recently where dudes were teaching handicap kids how to surf and such...Roy on the other hand, trolling the bombing thread, no class. Well I didn't wear sunscreen today, and now I look like a freshly shaven racoon.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nah man, I recall a rather heartwarming post by my pal Yankee recently where dudes were teaching handicap kids how to surf and such...Roy on the other hand, trolling the bombing thread, no class. Well I didn't wear sunscreen today, and now I look like a freshly shaven racoon.
    Gracias, senor, for the voice of reason.

I don't like wearing sunscreen, and not because I think it will melt my nano particles. Because a very close friend of mine is a derm doc (and who never surfs without block) & she has wayyyy too many tales (like, daily) of cutting out cancers caused by sun exposure. And then there's the very healthy patients who die, and die very quickly, from melanoma. BTW, she doesn't have any tales of cutting out cancers from putting on sunblock. I'm sensing a connection there.

So, I do slather the stuff on, and it's so expensive esp Waterman's as Koki has pointed out.
    One reason I like wetsuits? Less sunblock getting all over everything.

Have a good night.

Images
    Denada amigo...I think it's best to err on the side of caution and listen to the docs.