LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dengue in CR

Dengue in CR

there used to be signs in front of the Nayarrit hotel in Dominical warning about it but That's the only place I've been to with such signs. The first time I was thee there were question marks intead of prices to pescado on menus. when I asked why the response was, "Hay cholera". No gracias entonces.

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/5...-in-costa-rica

Buddy of mine contracted dengue, aka 'breakbone fever,' while in Asia. Said no words can describe what it feels like(bad). The name alone...

Andy Irons died from Dengue in Dallas trying to get home.

damn!! supposed to go to nosara in july!

Don't worry about it in costa especially nosara.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Andy Irons died from Dengue in Dallas trying to get home.
    no, he didn't.

just because he had meth in and on him doesn't mean he died from it. You Joiseys sure are a smart bunch. But if yous were so smart, yous wouldn't be living in Jerksey.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    just because he had meth in and on him doesn't mean he died from it. You Joiseys sure are a smart bunch. But if yous were so smart, yous wouldn't be living in Jerksey.
    & making fun of people from jersey...that's real original & creative! no one has EVER done it!

AI was a great surfer, a legend in his own time; the sad truth of his legacy is also one of drug use & abuse. trying to whitewash over that by pretending that he died of a disease not only cheapens that but removes any possibility that surfers in general & the industry in particular learn from the mistakes that were made.

cancelled my trip to costa for july. health officials said it only gets worse in the wet season...

While there is risk of dengue, the likelihood of getting it is fairly small and the likelihood of dying from it even smaller. My wife has had it twice when she was a kid, and say the flu is worse. Definitely not a reason to cancel a trip. If you are very concerned just wear bug repellent during the day (that is when the type of mosquito that generally carries dengue is out and about).
    Might as well stay away from anywhere in Latin America, Caribbean, or anywhere tropical based on this map http://www.healthmap.org/dengue/