LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 244
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    states riiiiights
    I do agree with you there. Most people don't realize that was what the civil war was really about.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    My dad can beat up your dad
    My son can beat up your honor student

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Since you were pushing stereotypes about other states, I was just putting a stereotype out there too. You said they are true right?
    said there is truth behind em, but i dont live by em. i don't think youll find as many white supremacists in North Carolina as you would think, gotta go deeper for that. although my community does have a reeeeeall ****ed up history. only successful insurrection of a local government that ever happend in US history happened here. As far as having friends at pipe, nah i dont. But to think that i have friends a few hours north at obx is not farfetched. Its fine tho man, i don't need to prove **** to you or have an internet pissing contest. hopefully ill see you out in the water and we can let our surfing do the talking!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,963
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    My dad can beat up your dad
    Ha! Classic!

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    said there is truth behind em, but i dont live by em. i don't think youll find as many white supremacists in North Carolina as you would think, gotta go deeper for that. although my community does have a reeeeeall ****ed up history. only successful insurrection of a local government that ever happend in US history happened here. As far as having friends at pipe, nah i dont. But to think that i have friends a few hours north at obx is not farfetched. Its fine tho man, i don't need to prove **** to you or have an internet pissing contest. hopefully ill see you out in the water and we can let our surfing do the talking!
    I was just having fun and pointing out things that you don't know anything about in other areas. Stereotyping is a dangerous thing. I'm sometimes guilty of it when I think all people from NY are like Snooki and the Jersey Shore just because they are from NY. They come and leave trash in my town but not all of them are like that.

    People that live year round in the shore communities in my state are nothing like the stereotypes on National TV. We respect each other and give respect to others who show respect. You start getting angry when you see people from other areas trash your town every Summer. It causes stereotypes about the tourists because many of them show no respect but it's not true for all of them.

    We are used to all the bashing about NJ now based on stereotypes. People believe what they see on MTV and when they drive one highway in the state. Just like how some people up north think people in the south have no teeth and can't read. It doesn't make it applies to everyone. That was the only point I was trying to make.

    As you say, maybe I will see you in the water where no words are needed. We let our surfing do the talking. We can shoot the pier too!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I was just having fun and pointing out things that you don't know anything about in other areas. Stereotyping is a dangerous thing. I'm sometimes guilty of it when I think all people from NY are like Snooki and the Jersey Shore just because they are from NY. They come and leave trash in my town but not all of them are like that.

    People that live year round in the shore communities in my state are nothing like the stereotypes on National TV. We respect each other and give respect to others who show respect. You start getting angry when you see people from other areas trash your town every Summer. It causes stereotypes about the tourists because many of them show no respect but it's not true for all of them.

    We are used to all the bashing about NJ now based on stereotypes. People believe what they see on MTV and when they drive one highway in the state. Just like how some people up north think people in the south have no teeth and can't read. It doesn't make it applies to everyone. That was the only point I was trying to make.

    As you say, maybe I will see you in the water where no words are needed. We let our surfing do the talking. We can shoot the pier too!
    hahah word. i ussually stop off in either delmarve, vb, or Barnegat light on my way up the coast to NE depending on whats breaking best. next time i do ill pm you

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Mike Gleason, Sam Hammer, Clay Pollioni, yeah losers. Ive surfed in NJ my whole life except during 8 years in the marine corps and when I wasn't overseas I was stationed in so cal. Nj isn't as consistent as so cal no doubt. But when its good its really hollow and powerful. If you don't like NJ waves than stop surfing there. Good day sir.
    Yes friend being a "local pro" makes your a loser. All of them suck, and if they lived in Socal ( and you should know this) they would be nobodys. Go to blacks on a good day and 90% of the guys out there are better than them, but they have real jobs and surf as a hobby. Those NJ guys a regular sized fish in the puddle that is NJ. the east coast sucks in general, and aside from Kelly everyone from here sucks too (in comparison)

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    Yes friend being a "local pro" makes your a loser. All of them suck, and if they lived in Socal ( and you should know this) they would be nobodys. Go to blacks on a good day and 90% of the guys out there are better than them, but they have real jobs and surf as a hobby. Those NJ guys a regular sized fish in the puddle that is NJ. the east coast sucks in general, and aside from Kelly everyone from here sucks too (in comparison)
    all i know about westcoasters, is they have better waves. but when they come here, they don't even know how to paddle into ours. and ***** and moan about how the east coast is flat.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no, i disagree. these were fishing towns long before the tourist boom; they may WANT the tourist dollars, but most assuredly do not NEED it. same as an addict who "needs" their fix. the towns would adjust to the change in economy, probably w/ a far lower population, but there wouldn't suddenly be 100+ miles of coastal ghost towns if inland folks decided to stop coming to the beach. hell, the towns would probably be better off w/out the inland masses descending upon us every year; the ecosystem probably would be, too.
    Oh yeah I wasn't even trying to imply the towns only rely on the tourism dollars. I just meant that the money is part of the annual budgets and some politicians have made the argument that without beach fees the sky would fall. When its part of the budget it means you're counting on it. That's all I meant. I'm on the same page as you.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    hahah word. i ussually stop off in either delmarve, vb, or Barnegat light on my way up the coast to NE depending on whats breaking best. next time i do ill pm you
    Sounds good.