LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJxSurfer View Post
    Watch the movie Darkfall. That should explain everything..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvQiBzOWlUk
    my thoughts exactly..great surf film/documentary

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    bud unless you like paddle boarding or watersking you would not like the coastline of ct. theres no waves in ct and your swimming in medical waste. if you DO catch the right swell, tis going to be knee high windchop on the easternmost part of the state, while rhode island is double overhead and offshore 10 minutes away.
    Wow- whats up with the attitude??? ok bro... i guess you live there or something?

for the record I have surfed there plenty of times and caught perfect overhead waves at a certain cobble stone reef point in CT. Im not going to say where - to protect the locals, BUT the waves where better and they have more potental then your avarage jersey sandbar, or JENKS for that matter (if thats what your referring too). Anyone could find the spot if they researched and looked on a map.... plus when you meet the locals- they are actually cool! not know it alls....

maybe i do like to paddle board and fish... so what?

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    You are looking too deep. Look at the buoy data. The buoy data is used to forecast your break. If your buoy is far offshore, obviously if it's reading 8 ft, it won't be 8 feet at your break. That's common sense. Since that buoy is used to forecast your break, you should know how the data from the buoy affects the wave size at your break. That isn't my local break but if I lived there I would know everything about that break. That comes with local knowledge.

You can also easily look at the forecast and see how the buoy data converts into wave height at your break right on this site. Using this, you can view the buoy history and compare it. That's all I was saying. I shouldn't need to spell out every little thing in a post that is common knowledge.
    I know how to read my local buoy. You are the one that wanted to compare buoy data for SE versus NJ. Seems silly, since buoys are in different locations and mean different things for different areas.

"You can also easily look at the forecast and see how the buoy data converts into wave height at your break right on this site."

What forecast? Swellinfo Forecast? Cause that is often inaccurate. The only way to make a real comparison is to track daily surf reports, as we do locally, and compare to buoy data. Even then, the buoy data won't line up some of the time.
    Last edited by brewengineer; Apr 23, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Hatteras is the most consistent surf on the east coast.They have the best beachbreaks,some piers,jetties,inlets,southside,etc.. NJ is #2 in consistent quality/size surf,plus we have jetties,inlets,coves,piers,so,in any swell you can totally score,from The Cove,CM,OC,AC,LBI,IBSP,The Pier(RIP),Bay Head,Jenks,The Inlet, and all the jetties/inlet up to the cove at The Hook,plus all the beachbreaks,and no way does Hatteras have those options for every swell like us.it's more pumping than anywhere south except Hatteras,and much warmer/doable than farther north.so there.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    Hatteras is the most consistent surf on the east coast.They have the best beachbreaks,some piers,jetties,inlets,southside,etc.. NJ is #2 in consistent quality/size surf,plus we have jetties,inlets,coves,piers,so,in any swell you can totally score,from The Cove,CM,OC,AC,LBI,IBSP,The Pier(RIP),Bay Head,Jenks,The Inlet, and all the jetties/inlet up to the cove at The Hook,plus all the beachbreaks,and no way does Hatteras have those options for every swell like us.it's more pumping than anywhere south except Hatteras,and much warmer/doable than farther north.so there.
    pretty much sums it up

Images
    First of all, I'm sadden by the Jersey boys defense of their state. Not good t'all.

Secondly, to those who think RI is more consistent than NJ, I have an assignment for you. Go look at a map. Look at NJ and how exposed it is to the Atlantic. Then look at Rhode Island. Do you see the differences? Do y'all see that. Rhode Island shines on hurricane swells.

Listen people, Florida is warm and it has waves. Yeah New Symrna has a rideable mushburger practically daily. OK
    South Carolina is so-so. I'm not bagging on it. I'd go surf it, but.............Oh I'd love to catch a day on one of them uninhabited islands in Georgia.

SNC is a bit above so-so. Again I'm not bagging. It's just the way it is.

The Outer Banks is a spiritual place full of decent waves and psychoactive substances. It is the last bastion of the free spirit in the east coast. Yes, From Pea Island to Avon, you will typically find the most consistent and powerful east coast surf.

Virginia Beach........Notice how all VA Beach dudes list the OB as their surf spot. Enough said.

MD/Delaware........good. Cool unnoticed area, especially Dellyware. Dela who? Dela What ? Delaware !!

Jersey......THE SECOND most consistent spot in the east(especially LBI to Squan) Has the most variety. Can crunch you like any S-Turn bowl. Can mush you to tears. Angry people because we're all strung out.

NY....sure. That's all. RI - has points, needs swell. Mass, Big swell opens North and South shore Boston area beachies and points. Cape Cod, yeah sure. New Hammy - ALL HECKS YEAH. Maine.....hey get a boat and go explore Northern Maine.

Images
    ok.... i take back my last comment after reading the last 10 pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

Secondly, to those who think RI is more consistent than NJ, I have an assignment for you. Go look at a map. Look at NJ and how exposed it is to the Atlantic. Then look at Rhode Island. Do you see the differences? Do y'all see that. Rhode Island shines on hurricane swells.
    RI is exposed to SW swell that jersey isn't. That's the majority of swell in the summertime. It juts out into the Atlantic. Frontal systems with sw winds. Also, RI breaks face different direction so it can handle different winds, unless Jersey, which faces one direciton.

RI is more than just point breaks. Lots of beach breaks.

Images
    Dude, RI doesn't "jut" out into the ocean. The ocean juts into Rhode Island.

Jersey gets SW wind swells, too. Most of South Jersey faces South/Southeast. Yeah, RI has beach breaks but it's known for it's points.

But anyways, are you stating that RI is more consistent than Jersey? Because it most certainly is not. Actually RI is the least consistent state in the mid-Atlantic and North East.

I'm not bagging on RI, dude. Let me just make that point. "The Dock" is an interesting spot. Sid Abruzzi's delusions of granduer are also interesting.