LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Images
    Dude, first you go on about summer days of SW wind chop. Then you act like the majority of our swells are long period ground swells. Dude, this is the east coast. Home of the short period wind swell. 97% of our waves are created by local weather systems.

Dude, I'm not surfing an island 175 miles off the Atlantic coast. I'm in New Jersey, where local winds effect the surf.

We all ride "chop" it's just a matter or how groomed that "chop" is......

cold tube.gif

This is how we roll in Jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Dude, first you go on about summer days of SW wind chop. Then you act like the majority of our swells are long period ground swells. Dude, this is the east coast. Home of the short period wind swell. 97% of our waves are created by local weather systems.

Dude, I'm not surfing an island 175 miles off the Atlantic coast. I'm in New Jersey, where local winds effect the surf.

We all ride "chop" it's just a matter or how groomed that "chop" is......
    A short period rideable windswell is not chop. It's a swell. They start becoming rideable around 7 seconds. These waves are generated over 100 miles away. If their generated within a few miles of shore it's 3 second disorganized junk. Long period ground swells can come from a 1000 miles away.

LMAO...I give up
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 23, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Images
    I don't know what you are laughing at, but, ok, dude. You have NO idea about the creation of them waves.

waves come from wind, right? ahhhh go read up on it and learn it on your own.

Man, if somebody told me I'd be arguing on the internet some day about Rhode Island being more consistent than NJ I would have said they were crazy.........

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Jersey can catch South swell, not SW. Bro....A SW wind blows over land in jersey. How exactly is that swell going to hit jersey? You need a long fetch. If a frontal system dips passes offshore in the Alantic, the winds are pushing waves SW which is AWAY from Jersey. Not towards it. Look at the SW fetch available to RI on a map. Hundreds of miles. SW is the prevailing wind direction most of summer and except for a hurricane that's what you're counting on. Strong frontal systems break the brutal flat spell and can deliver chest to head high swells if their strong enough

RI has more consistent waves due to that AND due to the fact that it can handle long period ground swell better and most importantly the W/SW/ AND northerly winds are offshore at spots in RI, unlike Jersey. That equal more quality consistent days just based on winds alone! A Northeast wind is onshore in Jersey, not so in many spots in RI. There's really no comparison.
    Dude look at a map from Cape May to Sandy Hook. The whole state of NJ. As he says, look at how exposed NJ is to the atlantic compared to RI. NJ gets almost every swell. The coastline faces NE, E in the north, S and SE in the south.

Images
    This has clearly digressed and now a matter of proving a point.

Dude, this will be my last counter with you. As I said, lets check the cams for a month and see who has the surf.

Dude, nearshore winds most certainly produce waves. Dude, that's what the east coast is all about. You have a very strange look at what produces waves in the east.

The winds are blowing SW........in the southern NJ coast the winds are South because the beach faces south.......in central NJ the winds are offshore with some south in it(like diaganol offshore).......way up in north Jersey the winds are straight offshore. Jersey doesn't have a straight verticle coastline. There's different angles to it.

Again I implore you....anyone........ to just look at a map of Rhode Island. It is not swell exposed.

rhode islands cams are pretty bunk. I just think rhode island is ****ing epic because you have multiple breaks within a 20 minute drive, winter surfing is pretty raw, and when its on its a pretty amazing place to be.

I don't know what you are laughing at, but, ok, dude. You have NO idea about the creation of them waves.

waves come from wind, right? ahhhh go read up on it and learn it on your own.

Man, if somebody told me I'd be arguing on the internet some day about Rhode Island being more consistent than NJ I would have said they were crazy.........
    Yes, but the wind is blowing over 100 miles offshore that creates the rideable waves. It takes over a hundred miles for swell train to get organized and create rideable waves in the 7 second period. That's what I'm laughing at. How you don't seem to get that.

How can someone so wrong be so sure of themselves. Here read this. I'm being a nice guy
    http://www.stormsurf.com/page2/tutor...vebasics.shtml

there both fun in different ways. I just caught some of the best waves of my life at tunic this winter tho so im RI biased.