LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Comparing waves is one thing and very subjective of course but as for locals, again you NJ guys have the SHREDMACHINE so yeah Jersey wins for sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Does RI get E swells and N, and NE swells? I don't think so. Hurricane season is RI's time for dormant breaks to come alive. I also thought there were some large land masses to your south and south west.
    We do get E, no N/NE, and unfortunately, no SHREDMACHINE.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    We do get E, no N/NE, and unfortunately, no SHREDMACHINE.
    You are in the shadows on E swells and don't get them.

You are in the shadows on E swells and don't get them.
    Alright, that's good to know. No one show up on East swells in RI. We get NOTHING at any of the breaks. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Alright, that's good to know. No one show up on East swells in RI. We get NOTHING at any of the breaks. hahaha
    I'm talking about pure east swells. Not SE. It may trickle through after it dissipates because of other land masses (ie small islands) that are east of you. It looks similar to Florida with the Bahamas shadowing it. Hurricane season is your time to shine. Otherwise, you don't get swell with enough size to work at the points.

I'm talking about pure east swells. Not SE. It may trickle through after it dissipates because of other land masses (ie small islands) that are east of you. It looks similar to Florida with the Bahamas shadowing it. Hurricane season is your time to shine. Otherwise, you don't get swell with enough size to work at the points.
    what breaks have u surfed in RI

Regardless of swell direction. The argument is wave quality and consistency. NJ hands down beats RI over an entire year. I'm not just talking about hurricane season which is your glory. I'm talking about winter and spring too. So basically fall is good in RI while fall, winter and spring in good in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    what breaks have u surfed in RI
    pt jud, mant, newport spots and ruggles. It's been about 8 years since I've been up there though.

pt jud, mant, newport spots and ruggles. It's been about 8 years since I've been up there though.
    ive only been to pt judith, and matunic this winter, but i had a better time there than jersey. might of just been the swells i caught. granted, its mushier and the barrels reflect this, but the lines are longer and theres nothing better to me then a 100 yard point break ride. So your assertion that Rhode Island sucks in all seasons but the fall and doesnt pick up swell in the winter is erroneous.

They say it's too crowded, overdeveloped, full of corruption and the people are rude. Yes, the whole country mocks New Jersey. As the whole country becomes more and more like Jersey every day.