LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Anybody get out this morning in New Jersey? How was RI?

HA!
    Fun this morning in NJ with some nice size. The cams in RI look epic though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Fun this morning in NJ with some nice size. The cams in RI look epic though, lol.
    ri got some 23 footers this mornin

Images
    You're all wrong, the most consistent surf has to be the windswell on the southern end of Lake Erie followed by the stretch of coast in central Massachussetts above Cape Cod. NJ, OBX, and RI, not to mention LI are all at the bottom of the list.

Also, NJ isn't overrated, there are other great places to surf that are just underrated.

Images
    You know who is overrated? New Jersey pros. Someone did throw a dis at them earlier, and they are right. Sam Hammer isn't really that great. And don't get me started on the Ocean City guys. The main problem with them is their followers. They get sucked-up to by everybody on the barrier islands. However, once they hit the mainland nobody cares. They run around, pull up to surf spots in luxury vehicles, think they are funny because they kick each other in the testicles, walk from the street to the ocean like they are demi-Gods.................And their followers keep it going.

Like, dudes, Rob Kelly got 6th place in some friggin WQS contest. He got a free pass into the main event and beat a total of FOUR dudes to get 6th place. FOUR DUDES. You have to beat 4 times as many people to win an ESA contest. Of course this has soared his local status into new heights. And the dude was in Philadelphia Magazine awhile back. He says things like that he " grew up in Ocean City" No, he didn't. He's from some place NW of Filthadelphia.

BUT YOU. ALL Y'ALL are to blame for these dudes. ALL Y'ALL created this. Just like American society created Honey Boo Boo. Hey Erock, you watch Honey Boo Boo?

Like, I see vids from Maryland/Delaware and these unknown dudes are just as good as Andrew Gesler. That Vince Boulanger guy is pretty good. Saw another vid of dudes I never heard of, and they could take some of these OCNJ guys. That's not right.

ha ha ha yoloing fistpumping

I hear you... I see some "sposored" guys around that surf real good, but not like you'd expect.
    But, I will say that some local dudes rip. Sam Hammer is ridiculous in heavy barrels.
    Balaram was with Alex Gray, Benny B and a few more rippers at Lido about a year and a half ago on a big perfect day. And he charged as hard as any of them.... He got smoked in that CT, but that was against Slater and Fanning.

That is true about Rob Kelly and you would think a "pro" would be better. I do think Sam Hammer is great at pulling into/out of deep barrels. I think Balaram is above them all and will continue to improve. That video of Balaram on this site is off the charts.

By far most consistent place for swell on the entire east coast is nantucket island.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    By far most consistent place for swell on the entire east coast is nantucket island.
    most consistent spot on the east coast:

Bridgeport Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Nantucket... an island with three sides, two of which are flat year 'round. The third side has a 90 degree(ish) swell window.

Besides that, it's super expensive and totally booshie. Bottom line... because it has access issues, it does not count.