LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yeah, I wish. After years of putting 40,000 miles per year on my vehicles, I rarely get out of Atlantic County these days......much less Iceland. Man, I would love to go to Iceland, permenantly.......they have elves there you know.........they eat pancakes and drink coffee.

Let's see: dirty water, questionable waves, beautiful beach towns like Atlantic City, Seaside Heights summer types..........vs points, moonscape topography, elves, unspoiled wilderness, an intelligent populace, less shady politicians, room to breath, aestethically inspired thoughts.............

Man, what are we doing here?
    im starting my own island nation man

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    im starting my own island nation man
    sinking tires at the mouth of the Long Island Sound until enough medical waste has coagulated around it for me to claim it as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    if you base your opinion on surfline hype...
    but,we get waves,sometimes they're pretty good,we have good breaks,not as crowded as cal,oz,hi,it's cold 5 months,it gets flat like most everywhere,and it's home to a lot of us who are satisfied,or we'd move,as some do,and from cape may up to the hook it's like 10 different places with 10 different kinds of breaks and 10 different kinds of surfers,plus a lot of kooks flocking to surfline hype breaks,like most anywhere.this past saturday it was as good up my street all day as anywhere in the world
    i think surfline been overhyping alotta stuff lately.i do agree jersey is overrated.iv been jerz bound for a long time now.my problem with jersey is everytime a good sandbar forms,the acoe comes and ruins it.there is a lot of traffic.my shytty car cant handle it.theres been a growing number of kooks lately,mostly s.jersey tho.i see a lot of kids that shouldnt have sponsors,but they do.sam hammer,clay,mike,zach theyre all great surfers.u know why,because they travel out of state.the best iv seen is lately after sandy came through and helped shape the sandbars,we've been having some good days this year.next year we'll have a long flat spell i bet.i dont have a problem with guidos,because u know,theyre pretty big and ugly and would beat my fat asz.so il stick to surfing my crapy waves in jerz and let my car smoke in 90degree traffic and il come home and brag on here how awesome my surf was!!! #gojerz

Quote Originally Posted by Kooky McLeashless View Post
    Wow, after reading (some) of this thread, I have booked my tickets...I'm leaving Santa Cruz, headed to JerZ for the rest of the season. Should I bring anything other than my gun (board or otherwise)? How else can I deal with the 23 footers and the locals at the same time?
    bravo mcleashless,this made my day

Most guidos can't actually fight. All show, no go.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    i think surfline been overhyping alotta stuff lately.i do agree jersey is overrated.iv been jerz bound for a long time now.my problem with jersey is everytime a good sandbar forms,the acoe comes and ruins it.there is a lot of traffic.my shytty car cant handle it.theres been a growing number of kooks lately,mostly s.jersey tho.i see a lot of kids that shouldnt have sponsors,but they do.sam hammer,clay,mike,zach theyre all great surfers.u know why,because they travel out of state.the best iv seen is lately after sandy came through and helped shape the sandbars,we've been having some good days this year.next year we'll have a long flat spell i bet.i dont have a problem with guidos,because u know,theyre pretty big and ugly and would beat my fat asz.so il stick to surfing my crapy waves in jerz and let my car smoke in 90degree traffic and il come home and brag on here how awesome my surf was!!! #gojerz

Well this kind of sums it up:

"My grandfather didnít come to America to go to New Jersey."
    Ė Rudolph Giuliani, Mayor of New York
    Last edited by rcarter; Apr 29, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Well this kind of sums it up:

"My grandfather didn’t come to America to go to New Jersey."
    – Rudolph Giuliani, Mayor of New York

yea jersey is definitely a place you get trapped, or just kind of "end up". no one is ever like "oh man i just really wanna move to jersey, i just think that place is delightful"

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    bravo mcleashless,this made my day
    Thanks cepriano. Glad my first post was entertaining for someone at least

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    yea jersey is definitely a place you get trapped, or just kind of "end up". no one is ever like "oh man i just really wanna move to jersey, i just think that place is delightful"
    Hahahaha! Yea... that's pretty much what happens to most people.

I was born and raised in CM, then transplanted up to Mon Co where I've decided to stay. Only lived out of state for 4 years, when I was going back to school to change careers. The surf's better up here than CM Co, so that's good, but there's a whole other turist dynamic... you get the North Jersey/New York people instead of the Canadians and folks from PA.

When you've lived here as long as I have, you find there's a lot to love about our state. You have to... because if you dwell on the negative (and there's a lot there to dwell on) you're miserable. You just gotta find your niche, appreciate what you have, and live your life.

So I don't know about "overrated"... because if you're constantly comparing yourself to others, you'll never be happy. There's always better waves somewhere else... whether it's on the opposite coast or the next jetty south. "The grass is always greener..." right?
    Last edited by LBCrew; Apr 30, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

i think pipeline is overated.i would love to surf it,but id get run over,break my board,and get washed in.great wave,the only problem is the 600 guys out there trying to catch a wave.lucky we dont have that problem in jersey.i never ran anyone over,but if i did,id be more pissed than the guy i ran over.i saw recent footage where some guy is out on a funboard and ditches his board right infront of some local and nearly decapitated the sucka.

theres good waves everywhere,just some spots get more waves than others.jersey has to come together in all forms of swell,wind,and ocean floor.its not cali where u can surf offshore days everyday.thats why i think jers surfers are more humble,because we wait and wait and wait.i have a few spots id like to surf before i die.
    spain,france,portugal,new zealand,africa,indo,australia.first i need a good job,then i need to renew my passport,then i need me a pair of floaties!