LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJAZguy View Post
    The other thing I can't stand is how lifeguards here will pull swimmers out of the water if there are any waves (not talking about surfing, just swimmers....sometimes I'd like to body surf with my chick who doesn't surf, but I've been called out of the water so many times on a "rough day" with knee-waist high swell that I start to wonder what's the point of even going to the beach on a nice day if you aren't going to be allowed in past your ankles. Out west anyone can go in anytime. That's why there's lifeguards
    Really good point. If you don't want waves, go swim in a lake! They really go overboard on that. They don't act like that in southern CA. There's always at least a waist high swell in the water. They could never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    im not saying its you here, but honestly living in north carolina the most disrespectful, kooky, loudmouthed drunk and downright mean tourists i have ever seen down here in the summer come from jersey. both on and off the water. i give parking tickets so ive seen it first hand when two jersyites get in a fist fight over a parking spot with foam boards strapped to their car. obviously not saying its a catch all and all jersey dudes are loudmouthed assholes, im just saying demographically and sociologically because im playing limiting factor for the tragedy of the commons all day at my local break, i have observed jersey tourists to be the worst of the worst, and i really wish they would stick to being locals back in LBI if they are going to act like that
    Please, first learn to surf. Then, you can comment on a surf forum. Hopefully that pic isn't of you. So many people act like they can surf. Just look at this guy's avatar. Nice stance and ripping on that knee higher, lol

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    ^^ good points. Compared to Del, MD and VA, Jersey is WAY better in terms of variability and wave quality.
    VA is probably the worst surf state and South Carolina isn't that great too . Tons of surfers but there are only 3 days the entire year of surf which are probably about waist high. I surf waist high slop and call myself a shredder. Comparing surf in VA to NJ is like comparing NJ to Cali/Hawaii.

I think surfline can overhype Jersey but it's probably the best on the East Coast. RI and New England have points but they need some size to make them worth it. I'm willing to bet that you surf far less up there than in Jersey. When it's big up there you can get those soft point takeoffs which beginners like. I like those rippable waves on some days but I wouldn't trade barrels for it.

from what i have witnessed the barrels seem good at times, but rides in general look short. waves in rhode island i would say are probably some of the nicest on the entire east coast (carolinas waves look like best barrels). RI lines up for long rides and is really legit when it breaks. as far as the state, like many, NJ was very corrupt, but at least they got a great governor who doesnt put up with a lot of that BS and has some serious balls, so thats good.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Please, first learn to surf. Then, you can comment on a surf forum. Hopefully that pic isn't of you. So many people act like they can surf. Just look at this guy's avatar. Nice stance and ripping on that knee higher, lol
    don't know whats more amazing, your ability to anatomically misjudge a wave by 3 or so feet, or your ability to judge the entirety of someones surfing ability from a blurry thumbnail photo from a year or so ago. Considering you don't even have any photos posted i can safely say your a kook, and coming from a kook your comment really holds no weight.

you just gotta know the spots plenty of big waves up here

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    don't know whats more amazing, your ability to anatomically misjudge a wave by 3 or so feet, or your ability to judge the entirety of someones surfing ability from a blurry thumbnail photo from a year or so ago. Considering you don't even have any photos posted i can safely say your a kook, and coming from a kook your comment really holds no weight.
    Don't worry, maybe it was a three footer. I judged by your body on the wave genius. I can tell everything just from that photo. Call me a kook, lol. I'm confident in my surfing ability and I know how I surf. I was surfing before you were born. If you are ever in the area, shoot me a pm. We can go surfing and I can give you some tips. Hint - look at your arm placement.

Images
    I think surfline can overhype Jersey but it's probably the best on the East Coast. RI and New England have points but they need some size to make them worth it. I'm willing to bet that you surf far less up there than in Jersey. When it's big up there you can get those soft point takeoffs which beginners like. I like those rippable waves on some days but I wouldn't trade barrels for it.
    Plenty of barrels in R.I. if you know where to look, plus way more southern exposure than NJ...not getting into what's better when and where, but it's not just mushy points up north...certain reefs(cobblestone) can get heavy and there are legit slabs in R.I. and scattered about other parts of New England. And quality beachbreaks.

Don't worry, maybe it was a three footer. I judged by your body on the wave genius. I can tell everything just from that photo. Call me a kook, lol. I'm confident in my surfing ability and I know how I surf. I was surfing before you were born. If you are ever in the area, shoot me a pm. We can go surfing and I can give you some tips. Hint - look at your arm placement.

alright bud, if your ever in south east north carolina shoot me a pm. Whats your car look like, id be happy to throw a boot on the wheel and break your 10 foot foam board over my knee <3

It all depends. I know it gets good, real good up there when there is size. It also holds very large size swell where it's closing out on beachbreaks. The problem is the number of surfable days there compared to NJ. Look at the last 5 years and see which place had the better waves and more consistent waves.