LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    but the se does have many many uncrowded undeveloped barrier islands that are scattered like little secretes all along our coast. jersey doesn't have that kind of "beachie" Try camping by yourself on a barrier island where there is no people around for miles and you have a glassy peak all to yourself and your boys for a couple days, and tell me the south east sucks.
    I do love this about the south. A short boat ride and I can be on Capers, Bull, or Morris island. Good waves and no people. I should probably just agree that we have no waves and ****ty beaches to keep these places all to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I do love this about the south. A short boat ride and I can be on Capers, Bull, or Morris island. Good waves and no people. I should probably just agree that we have no waves and ****ty beaches to keep these places all to myself.
    yea man south east and new england suck! jersey fires off everyday 23 footers on the reg. Noone come down here, its waaaay better up there.

i mean considering i have multiple friends that live there, and ive been helping to repair a skatepark up there on my downtime, i think im more invited than you yanks!
    LOL! Do you also wear white hoodies to your cross bonfires? No, because you have black friends too.

Watch the movie Darkfall. That should explain everything..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvQiBzOWlUk

yea man south east and new england suck! jersey fires off everyday 23 footers on the reg. Noone come down here, its waaaay better up there.
    That is funny. Just look at the buoy history and just see where your great beaches stand. If surfing longboards on mushy surf is you idea of fun, then you are in the right place. Epic Longboard surf.

im not saying its you here, but honestly living in north carolina the most disrespectful, kooky, loudmouthed drunk and downright mean tourists i have ever seen down here in the summer come from jersey. both on and off the water. i give parking tickets so ive seen it first hand when two jersyites get in a fist fight over a parking spot with foam boards strapped to their car. obviously not saying its a catch all and all jersey dudes are loudmouthed assholes, im just saying demographically and sociologically because im playing limiting factor for the tragedy of the commons all day at my local break, i have observed jersey tourists to be the worst of the worst, and i really wish they would stick to being locals back in LBI if they are going to act like that
    Locals from LBI are probably the most laid back surfers there are...bad example dude.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    you're not your fuc*king khakis.
    Fight Club?

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    That is funny. Just look at the buoy history and just see where your great beaches stand. If surfing longboards on mushy surf is you idea of fun, then you are in the right place. Epic Longboard surf.
    Our local buoy is far off shore and often says 8ft, when we are only having knee high on shore. I don't consider them to be a great example of the true conditions. It all depends on the wind and swell direction, just like every beach in NJ.

In the end, who really cares what someone thinks of your break. If you surf and like your local breaks and beaches, that's great. If you don't, maybe you should move if possible. I have lived and surfed in NJ my whole life and I love it. If someone from Virginia or SC claims NJ surf stinks and NJ is the "Armpit of America," the best remedy is not to come here, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    What's wrong with surfing "mushy"(your average point break) surf on a longboard? It can actually be fun! I guess it's not "core" enough for the NJ shredders. lol