LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by dudeclimbing View Post
    What the ocean is turning into a ski resort. Forget that. So a true local cant dodge me cuz I was in the wrong spot?... Example skiing down the run and a kid comes out of woods in the air and either I knock him out of way or catch him and come to stop. I did later. Dad screams at me . For saving his kids asc.... I said u all didn't abide by the code and apologize or get beat down in front of ur kid. Ski resorts r filled with this **** n lawyer are scooping it up. If they can't see people surfing then they r dumb askesss. Rich people only think they r right. If we choose to surf without a leash generally it's for a reason. Cuz we don't want to drown in a tough place we know. Look at ski resort lawsuits. U buy a pass to ski public land as soon as u buy they r off the hook. Last time I looked ocean was free. Sure good karma is, is good karma. Like my mama said stupid is what stupid does
    Did you get too close to the printer ink, or paint thinner?

Leashes can be dangerous.

Also it is best to assume that no leash will workl.

Quote Originally Posted by jtblue18 View Post
    Did you get too close to the printer ink, or paint thinner?
    Hey white fluffy waves are just as good as blue. Those who enjoy both r very Lucky. No ink involved.

Oh by the way more skiers die than surfers in a ya.

^^ if i read your post right the kid came out of the woods below you. if so, YOU were in the wrong since the downhill skier has the right of way.....

From NSP:

People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Shreddin View Post
    Surfing is a HAZARDOUS sport.
    No it's not... at least not officially, (according to one lawyer I spoke with on this subject) like skiing or skydiving, which are "inherently dangerous." I'm no lawyer, but I do know for a fact that designation carries with it a lot of weight. For example, it's one reason why we don't have hard structure artificial reefs. There's a serious consideration regarding liability. If surfing was "inherently dangerous," there would be no such consideration. If a municipality builds a seawall, it assumes responsibility for someone falling off it, so it has to build a railing. If a municipality builds an artificial reef, there's no way to protect people from hitting it or getting stuck in it and drowning. It seems to me this issue could be avoided if surfing WAS designated as inherently dangerous. But that's a whole other legal battle, and because surfing is, in all reality, a fairly safe activity, who's benefits outweigh the risks, and who's associated injuries are relatively minor, that designation is unlikely.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Apr 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

if I am ever at fault in something like this, I will just calmly explain that I am on vacation from New Zealand and that my name is Roy Stewart. I will also explain that it could not possibly have been my board because it is far too superior to injure a human. Simple physics (and ZEN!)

Not! I'd run like hell. Who hit you?

Images
    ^ Ha, love it...my leahes usually workl Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Leashes can be dangerous.

Also it is best to assume that no leash will workl.
    So can giant wooden boards piloted by charecters from Lord of the Rings in orange pj's.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So can giant wooden boards piloted by charecters from Lord of the Rings in orange pj's.
    You've never had a leash fail? Surf more, they all fail eventually. Every time you are on a wave, you should surf as if you don't have a leash. That's why you don't eject or bail your board and you kick out at the end of the wave. It's how people should learn to surf. The problem is most people don't and they surf like idiots because they've never spent enough time swimming after their board.

Every board is dangerous, regardless of it's of size or materials. And as far as leashes being dangerous, they can be, don't you know who Mark Foo is?
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Apr 25, 2013 at 01:36 PM.