LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
    I agree with the last light sess. Love those on surf trips, but staying alive too late for the girlfriend can be a challenge for me. Great suggestions, Peajay.
    took a lot of years to get it right but it works for us so i thought i'd pass it on. As we get older staying up late means like 9:30. On holiday last fall we would eat dinner and i would go surf after saying goodnight to my little one. when i got back my wife was asleep too. it wasn't really even dark out yet. we crack up about how lame we're getting.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Apr 25, 2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: were/we're

hey that looks like a great place you got there.
    cute kid too. congrats!
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Apr 25, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

My L'il wifey can't swim. she's the first one out the door when there's waves. She'd be on the beach in the middle of winter. We'd find secluded spots in CR. Once I paddled out at Playa el Rey. when I got out and looked at the beach, she was a dot. I caught a wave in, fabricated a spear and told her to be careful. the only time she complains is when she can't go. I got lucky when I met her. My first wife would pout on the beach and when I'd walk back from the 1st or second drift she'd be gather up her crap to go. I'd just kiss her face and keep walking. That marriage didn't last a farting spell.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    I agree with all you guys. My wife has went on all my surf trips/vacations. The pattern that we have worked out is I surf dawn patrol, get back and wake her up and do all the stuff she wants.to do until late afternoon when we head to the beach and she watches and takes pics until dark. Unless it is really going off or it is the last day of the trip. Works for us but then again she is awesome.

In Costa, the sun chases you out of the water from 10 to 2.

Almost everyone. Heavy sunblock, hat, and a long sleeve shirt. With less crowds you can a bunch a waves in an hour.

I used to bring a golf umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    hey that looks like a great place you got there.
    cute kid too. congrats!
    Thanks. He's two months old and his name is Bodhisatva, or Bodhi. He's the newborn son of my partners and will be a great surfer some day...growing up in Indo. I'll pass along the kind words.

You have to give and take and its a relationship so communication is key (that's my Dr. Phil moment). Either you compromise to a 1 or 2 full day of vacation on beach/surfing (pick the good swell days from the web or local surf shop input) or you go out for 1-2 hrs each day when it works with her daily schedule & itinerary.