LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Surfing

........discuss........

surfing is ****ing WHACK

Time stops on the drop, surreal being part of the process down the line, time and surroundings come back in focus coming over the lip and paddling back for the promise the next wave brings.

Last couple of days have been fun... Work is so much better when you score in the AM... Unless it's firing. Then the day drags waiting to get back out. Especially in the fall. When we get solid surf with offshores all day. Warm water. Warm air.

I'm seriously jonesing for some warmer (relative to my region) water. I can't remember the last time we have been pushing into May with sub-65 degree water--dis shizzz is insane!

Surfed in a comp this past weekend in CB... should have blown the comp and gone up to WB since the swell was way too South for CB. The comp was fun anyway, first one I have done in something like 17 years, but definitely not the best surf (thigh-high at best chop) for showcasing the surfing ability of a 34 year old. Maybe next time?

Didn't see dlroun down there in his orange wetsuit and white helmet catching all the waves and/or hanging on the beach with a heady brew like he said he might be doing... but the weather was complete crap and I definitely wouldn't have been hanging on the beach if I didn't have to, so I can't blame him.

Been too busy with work this week to make it out, sucks 'cause it's looked fairly fun at times.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'm seriously jonesing for some warmer (relative to my region) water. I can't remember the last time we have been pushing into May with sub-65 degree water--dis shizzz is insane!

Surfed in a comp this past weekend in CB... should have blown the comp and gone up to WB since the swell was way too South for CB. The comp was fun anyway, first one I have done in something like 17 years, but definitely not the best surf (thigh-high at best chop) for showcasing the surfing ability of a 34 year old. Maybe next time?

Didn't see dlroun down there in his orange wetsuit and white helmet catching all the waves and/or hanging on the beach with a heady brew like he said he might be doing... but the weather was complete crap and I definitely wouldn't have been hanging on the beach if I didn't have to, so I can't blame him.

Been too busy with work this week to make it out, sucks 'cause it's looked fairly fun at times.
    Was that the 17th St comp? I was down in CB a couple weeks ago and watched for a little in the morning but, like you said, not much to watch when it's only knee high...waves were actually kinda fun later that afternoon as the wind backed off though.

Funny, though, the 58 degree water was amazing for me compared to up here in NJ. It was so nice to paddle out without a hood or gloves. Next time I'm down there you will have to come shred with me and Dlrouen on the North End.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Remember that crazy storm we had Friday night? Not really related to this thread or surfing, but I had a pretty close call that night. We had all the lights off, listening to some Panic while enjoying the beauty of the thunderstorm over the ocean. 11:45pm. I heard a loud bang or two - thinking it was the thunder, I didn't think much of it. A bolt of lightening struck, lighting up the sky. My girlfriend yells "there's someone on the porch." Another bolt struck and we both saw a dark silhouette of a man staring right at us. I got up, flipped on the lights, grabbed my gun and ran out the door. I could hear him running down my steps & I knew that I was not going to catch him, so I just called the cops. Winter/spring is a high time for crime, as most ocean homes are rentals and what not. I knew my house was safe, but I was worried about my neighbors' unattended homes. I spent Saturday morning following up with the cops, who seemed to think it was a homeless dude trying to get out of the rain, even though my shed's lock had cut marks & the handle was completely broken off.

Then I spent the rest of my 4/20 designing my next Eavey longboard, so it all worked out. The brew was flowing and all was swell. Be safe out there & let's make this world a better place.

New York surfers, would it be alright to not where a hood this weekend, its right at that weird transition temperature?

Honeys not Hindus...this 500$ iPhone keeps autocorrections

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    Honeys not Hindus...this 500$ iPhone keeps autocorrections
    Hindus sounds better. Made me chuckle.
    Now the thread will go after you about that.