LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'm seriously jonesing for some warmer (relative to my region) water. I can't remember the last time we have been pushing into May with sub-65 degree water--dis shizzz is insane!

Surfed in a comp this past weekend in CB... should have blown the comp and gone up to WB since the swell was way too South for CB. The comp was fun anyway, first one I have done in something like 17 years, but definitely not the best surf (thigh-high at best chop) for showcasing the surfing ability of a 34 year old. Maybe next time?

Didn't see dlroun down there in his orange wetsuit and white helmet catching all the waves and/or hanging on the beach with a heady brew like he said he might be doing... but the weather was complete crap and I definitely wouldn't have been hanging on the beach if I didn't have to, so I can't blame him.

Been too busy with work this week to make it out, sucks 'cause it's looked fairly fun at times.
    Was that the 17th St comp? I was down in CB a couple weeks ago and watched for a little in the morning but, like you said, not much to watch when it's only knee high...waves were actually kinda fun later that afternoon as the wind backed off though.

Funny, though, the 58 degree water was amazing for me compared to up here in NJ. It was so nice to paddle out without a hood or gloves. Next time I'm down there you will have to come shred with me and Dlrouen on the North End.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    It takes at least a 23 footer to impress a Hindu.

EVERYONE HATES YOU,njkookmachine,so maybe we'll decide it's not funny anymore and ignore all your posts.trying to ruin every thread like this surfing thread on swellinfo could be the end of your stupid existence

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    EVERYONE HATES YOU,njkookmachine,so maybe we'll decide it's not funny anymore and ignore all your posts.trying to ruin every thread like this surfing thread on swellinfo could be the end of your stupid existence
    Don't let the NJshreddnmeme get you down man, like my shed--put the tools you don't need up and forget about them... or something like that... just make sure nothing is in the way of the boards and my god forsaken wetsuit and it's all good.

Anyway, catch it good lately?

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    Honeys not Hindus...this 500$ iPhone keeps autocorrections
    Hindus sounds better. Made me chuckle.
    Now the thread will go after you about that.

Mu Uncles dog is a hindu

Images
    Jonesin' for the water to be in the 50's too.

Fun down here in Northeast FL for the past two days. Nothing big, but clean/glassy all day, skinnable water temps with lots of sunshine.

Waves all next week too, woohoo

I am gonna rock the 5/4/3 all through the summer...I hate water when its not at least 95 degrees. I also hang out with NJShredmachine and we play with eachother's balls.

Something that dawned on me lately about surfing. People who seem like they are just out there getting their a$$ kicked, are usually having just as much fun as those who are killing it. I am not talking about people who get wet for 15 minutes so they can tell everyone they surfed today, but those, of all ages, paying their dues and getting stoked over any bit of improvement. Side note, I think I fall right in the middle of the ones paying their dues and the ones killing it, always room for improvement though.