LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing

Its been super fun the last 3 days here in MA/NH. Got some real good ones the past mornings and afternoons. The surf has had some real good power/push to it as well. Not like that summer mush we get. Its been breaking real hard in a lot of spots I like to surf, and absolutely detonating when they break on the inside sections. Get caught in the wrong spot and it was either pulling you over or pushing you down to the bottom. It feels good to have some surf like that again. I like to put myself into some hairy situations and really push my ability. Lately been trying to always hit the closeouts with a good whack or pull into a closeout barrel and see how far I can go. Also really trying to take off one rights that scare me as thats my biggest weakness(i'm goofy). I love a fat backside hack, but taking off and getting there is sometimes a challenge.
    Not for nothing, some of you may have heard our beloved Plum Island in Ma. has been taking it on the head all winter. However, the debris is gone and the sand bars and jetties are making for some awesome breaks this year. Hoping it holds up all summer. The storms did destroy one awesome wave they had on the island next to this one jetty. It pushed tons of sand back in on one side and completely ruined this cool right they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Something that dawned on me lately about surfing. People who seem like they are just out there getting their a$$ kicked, are usually having just as much fun as those who are killing it. I am not talking about people who get wet for 15 minutes so they can tell everyone they surfed today, but those, of all ages, paying their dues and getting stoked over any bit of improvement. Side note, I think I fall right in the middle of the ones paying their dues and the ones killing it, always room for improvement though.
    I noticed that it's either the really young groms and the much older guys 30+ y/o who are just starting to learn that just love being in the water, eating it, and doing it over and over, are the ones who have fun. Maybe they're vacationing and they're from some landlocked area and are just stoked to be in the ocean.

The late teens and early twenties dudes are the ones who seem to want to prove something and have the negative attitude. They tend to yell and run their mouths in the line-up when they're not catching anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    It's all about having the balls to drop in on waves bigger than houses showing off for the Hindus in bikinis.
    So when do you want to get together and show our balls to a bunch of Hindus again? That testicle touching session we had the other night was EPIC by the way! I'll catch you on the secret outside reef that only you and I know about! Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Didn't see dlroun down there in his orange wetsuit and white helmet catching all the waves and/or hanging on the beach with a heady brew like he said he might be doing... but the weather was complete crap and I definitely wouldn't have been hanging on the beach if I didn't have to, so I can't blame him.
    Remember that crazy storm we had Friday night? Not really related to this thread or surfing, but I had a pretty close call that night. We had all the lights off, listening to some Panic while enjoying the beauty of the thunderstorm over the ocean. 11:45pm. I heard a loud bang or two - thinking it was the thunder, I didn't think much of it. A bolt of lightening struck, lighting up the sky. My girlfriend yells "there's someone on the porch." Another bolt struck and we both saw a dark silhouette of a man staring right at us. I got up, flipped on the lights, grabbed my gun and ran out the door. I could hear him running down my steps & I knew that I was not going to catch him, so I just called the cops. Winter/spring is a high time for crime, as most ocean homes are rentals and what not. I knew my house was safe, but I was worried about my neighbors' unattended homes. I spent Saturday morning following up with the cops, who seemed to think it was a homeless dude trying to get out of the rain, even though my shed's lock had cut marks & the handle was completely broken off.

Then I spent the rest of my 4/20 designing my next Eavey longboard, so it all worked out. The brew was flowing and all was swell. Be safe out there & let's make this world a better place.

I am going to name my new punk trio "Hindus in Bikinis". That is a completely awesome turn of phrase. But i guess you cant shred in the winter (no bikinis) or in christian or muslim dominated countries though. Does Sri Lanka produce house sized drops?

A bad day of surfing is good and a good day keeps you rolling happy for days.

And I am in the 30+ range that is stoked to be out there. I have had a few line up regulars comment about how they like having some of my kind out there to remind them that its supposed to be fun. Old guys rule!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    EVERYONE HATES YOU,njkookmachine,so maybe we'll decide it's not funny anymore and ignore all your posts.trying to ruin every thread like this surfing thread on swellinfo could be the end of your stupid existence
    Dude, you got to relax, man. First of all, it is impossible to "ruin" a Swellinfo thread. Yeah, they really aren't that important.

Isn't there a blocking feature on here if someone can't stand somebody else's posts? Maybe then you should block NJShredmachine, but I think you can't wait to see what he says next. That's a common problem on here. Like, my old detractors were actually my biggest fans. They just didn't realize it.

If any of y'alls don't like somebody, suck it up. They have just as much right to be here as you. This isn't The Newport Yacht Club. Hey a Rhode Island reference...go figure..... And besides, NJShredmachine doesn't post long- winded messages. He shoots y'all a line or two, and no matter what people say about him THEY CONSTANTLY KEEP TALKING ABOUT HIM. So obviously he's doing something right? The bench press thing, man, the cats on here all love it. It gets mentioned daily.

Hey Erock, I know this is a "surfing" thread but can we discuss Margaret Thatcher's death and her influence on Great Britian here? HA HA. No? Awwwww shucks.

Surfing fun, man. I like donkey donkey donkey waves of grassy tubular(that's Japanese for youse). Just saw the first summer types out yesterday. Yeah, the water is still hovering around 48-50. They had the rubber, but still had that summer vibe. I don't know. I've seen 7 people out at my spot since Oct. 20, 2012. Yeah, that's it. Yeah tuck into that one Ocean City, NJ. So I get quesy when I see people. Shoot my sandbars crapped-out in late January and I had to hit Ocean City for a month. Oh man, it was not good. They all love packing up together though. God love 'em.

Images
    Glad you were armed and are ok dl.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Glad you were armed and are ok dl.
    Thanks, man. It was seriously something out of a horror movie. Before I busted out the door (gun blazing), I looked out my window to make sure the figure wasn't on on my porch. What did I see? Wet footprints. The silhouette was obviously enough, but the wet footprints definitely freaked me out. I have tourist gates on my stairwells and "No Tresspassing" signs posted, so the trespasser is entering at their own risk.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Dude, you got to relax, man. First of all, it is impossible to "ruin" a Swellinfo thread. Yeah, they really aren't that important.

Isn't there a blocking feature on here if someone can't stand somebody else's posts? Maybe then you should block NJShredmachine, but I think you can't wait to see what he says next. That's a common problem on here. Like, my old detractors were actually my biggest fans. They just didn't realize it.

If any of y'alls don't like somebody, suck it up. They have just as much right to be here as you. This isn't The Newport Yacht Club. Hey a Rhode Island reference...go figure..... And besides, NJShredmachine doesn't post long- winded messages. He shoots y'all a line or two, and no matter what people say about him THEY CONSTANTLY KEEP TALKING ABOUT HIM. So obviously he's doing something right? The bench press thing, man, the cats on here all love it. It gets mentioned daily.

Hey Erock, I know this is a "surfing" thread but can we discuss Margaret Thatcher's death and her influence on Great Britian here? HA HA. No? Awwwww shucks.

Surfing fun, man. I like donkey donkey donkey waves of grassy tubular(that's Japanese for youse). Just saw the first summer types out yesterday. Yeah, the water is still hovering around 48-50. They had the rubber, but still had that summer vibe. I don't know. I've seen 7 people out at my spot since Oct. 20, 2012. Yeah, that's it. Yeah tuck into that one Ocean City, NJ. So I get quesy when I see people. Shoot my sandbars crapped-out in late January and I had to hit Ocean City for a month. Oh man, it was not good. They all love packing up together though. God love 'em.
    SJB!!!!! Billlll!!!! It's great to have you back- this forum is not what it was- but you make me laugh and that's good! When are we surfing that point in camden???

I hardly check this out anymore - but excited that your back!

I can't wait for the Summer Pros!!! So- you spotted a few?? And they had rubber??? I thought they where too cool for rubber!

Surfing for me is all about having fun ... And getting that next barrel lol I agree with the age and bigger thing- seems like beginners have the most fun.. It's not a competition so why not trade waves and have a few laughs instead of being a Summer Pro? Why do you gotta prove yourself to the other guy? Push your own limits

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    SJB!!!!! Billlll!!!! It's great to have you back- this forum is not what it was- but you make me laugh and that's good! When are we surfing that point in camden???

I hardly check this out anymore - but excited that your back!

I can't wait for the Summer Pros!!! So- you spotted a few?? And they had rubber??? I thought they where too cool for rubber!

Surfing for me is all about having fun ... And getting that next barrel lol I agree with the age and bigger thing- seems like beginners have the most fun.. It's not a competition so why not trade waves and have a few laughs instead of being a Summer Pro? Why do you gotta prove yourself to the other guy? Push your own limits
    Yo Jesus !! I can neither confirm nor deny any correlation between Paddington Jetty Bear and South Jetty Bill. All I know is that I hang around London train stations and eat marmelade sandwiches......just Google "Paddington Bear" to check my bio.

Walkingonh2o(Jesus) I hope things have been well for you. I hope Sandy didn't truck your life up too much. DO you guys want to hear about hard times? My spot was only accesible, like twenty blocks away, for two months. I had to walk twenty blocks to get there. I know....I know. Don't cry for me Argentina. A whole nature reserve area, some 200 yards, was completely flooded with waist high water. Yucky, dirty, trashy water. I wasn't trudging through that.

Anyways, glad to hear from you Jesus. Keep performing miracles, man.