LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****ty wetsuits

****ty wetsuits

So my
    4/3 rip curl is ripping on the seams everywhere after only a year... Any suggestions on good reasonably priced 4/3s?

Images
    I've had a foil by billabong for 2 or three years that I like. 4/3

just check whiskey militia every so often get a $500 xcel for like 200

Have had good luck with Billabong Foil 4/3 - used for almost 3 years. Body Glove Legends 4/3 is what I have now - so far so good.

Excel Drylock - 4/3 - unless it is big, you barely even get wet... best wetsuit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jcyr2 View Post
    So my
    4/3 rip curl is ripping on the seams everywhere after only a year... Any suggestions on good reasonably priced 4/3s?
    Rip curl has one of the best warranty policies, send it back they will
    re glue and stich the entire thing

I've owned nothing but rip curls for over 20 years. Never had a problem. I'm mental about caring for them, fresh water rinse each session, wash them in baby shampoo 1x a month, never dry in sun, hang dry properly. My suits last for about 4-5 seasons before the seams wear enough that I have to touch them up with repair glue.

That said, I just shipped my 3yr old winter suit back to Rip Curl for a major neck seam tear, I caused by rushing one morning. Was quoted $35.

Although I do find newer rip curl and oneill gloves and boots don't last at all, they leak after one season.
    I used to get 10+ years out of boots and gloves - would only replace them because of stank. Now they're crap.
    Last edited by Gfootr; Apr 26, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

like Gfootr, i've worn only rip curls for the last 10 years or so & never had a problem (& while i take good care of my suits, i don't go to the lengths he does). their warranty policy is second only to patagonia's. send it back & they will fix it.
    what rip curl suit is it, out of curiosity?

It's all about the xcel chest zip. Warm, flexible and durable. Can't wait to get back in it

Ripcurl didn't honor my warranty when I sent it back for a bad seam after two years because the store I bought it at issued a handwritten receipt instead of a printed one. Bogus.

Went Xcel after that and I've been extremely pleased with the ones I've owned, including the xzip2 4/3 I wear right now.