LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    I could have ran out there as soon as the epoxy cured but I was really hoping to post a report on something butter than 2 foot mush with swell periods that are shorter that the actual surfboard.
    I'm with ya 100% on this one...i pretty much refuse to paddle out on a new board for the first time in conditions that are completely unlike the conditions i made it for. A board like this especially...I would think. I've gotten to the point where i'm pretty quick to judge a new board, first impressions are hard to revise, and if the board is made for lined up clean chest high waves, i wouldnt take it out for the first time in 2 foot mush where it will never get into high gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    From the getgo of Steve's threads on his Roy inspired board, I have had a recurring thought that this "could" be Roy just trying to stay in the conversation here by using a fake screen name. But at the moment, if I had to guess I think Steve is legit and I am waiting to hear about his surf experience with it.
    Well, he said he surfs the pier at folly, so he could let us know what time he is going out on a given day. There is a surf cam at Tides hotel, and it shouldn't be hard to spot the log in the lineup.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Well, he said he surfs the pier at folly, so he could let us know what time he is going out on a given day. There is a surf cam at Tides hotel, and it shouldn't be hard to spot the log in the lineup.
    That's an excellent point actually... The cam is a pretty good one and you'd definitely be able to spot it. If/when, I'll upload pics too.

From the getgo of Steve's threads on his Roy inspired board, I have had a recurring thought that this "could" be Roy just trying to stay in the conversation here by using a fake screen name. But at the moment, if I had to guess I think Steve is legit and I am waiting to hear about his surf experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Roy I said I think Steve is legit. I'm just saying that this could be a conspiracy theory of sorts. lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am starting to think Steve and Roy are the same person.
    Hey brew and Fitz, at least I'm not alone now, although Steve posted multiple pics from the same location...Steve I'll get out of your thread.

I have built multiple boards in the local area but never went to any trouble to show them off. I would like to have some good sets coming in before the maiden voyage. I don't feel like many people want to hear about me gliding in 20 feet in the white water.
    I'll post on the thread in advance before I head to Folly Beach Peir so you can look at the surf cam but I think it would be just the same if I just took some pictures while I'm out there.

Roy I said I think Steve is legit. I'm just saying that this could be a conspiracy theory of sorts. lol.
    Well if Steve was an invention of mine it would be a conspiracy of one, and that 'aint much of a conspiracy.

Good point Roy.
    Considering Roy has an established website already I think to try to gain favor by having someone pose to have made a similar board just to say its awesome would be a waste of his time.

whatever, yankee