LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    I can't remember the last time I've ever heard someone here in the U.S. say they are a 9 to 5 guy.... 9 to 5 is like half a day now. lol.

Should be easy to debunk, if it isn't real. Just post on McKevlins Facebook page and ask if anyone saw a dude paddle out on a large wooden board yesterday. Given that the washout is always packed on Saturdays, and this is a holiday weekend, I can guarantee someone would notice a big wooden log in the lineup. I am not sure what he is talking about in regards to 3 ft surf and cleaning up. We were out at the beach from 2 to 5:30, and it went from under knee sized semi chop to thigh high chop. It never cleaned up while I was out there. I didn't even bother going in with my board.

Images
    IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4040.jpg

Real deal Holifield. I met Steve at the washout on saturday as he was leaving. That's my mini simmonsish board. Don't believe me? Look up a hollow wooden surfboard thread I made a while ago.

Clemson I hate to tell you this; but I think you put the fins on the wrong end of your board.

Cool surfboards fellas, look like a lot of fun. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4040.jpg

Real deal Holifield. I met Steve at the washout on saturday as he was leaving. That's my mini simmonsish board. Don't believe me? Look up a hollow wooden surfboard thread I made a while ago.
    Now you're in on the scam too Clemson??? lol. joking.
    Cool, now how about a ride report????

IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4040.jpg

Awesome. Glad we finally have some proof. Did you get a chance to ride it?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Awesome. Glad we finally have some proof. Did you get a chance to ride it?
    I took it out for a paddle but didn't catch a wave. It took a couple paddles to get going. It really wasn't the day for this board. There weren't any long boarders out and the washout generally isn't a longboard spot either. The place was crowded because it was 12 on a Saturday plus the wahine classic was going on. Steve didn't have the leash on either so I was pretty hesitant to take a late drop or wipe out.

Bottom line... No ride report yet but Steve and the board are legit.

I took it out for a paddle but didn't catch a wave. It took a couple paddles to get going. It really wasn't the day for this board. There weren't any long boarders out and the washout generally isn't a longboard spot either. The place was crowded because it was 12 on a Saturday plus the wahine classic was going on. Steve didn't have the leash on either so I was pretty hesitant to take a late drop or wipe out.

Yeah, my prediction was that the board would have a rough time in normal SC swell. Much of the time, when it is above waist high, it is really choppy (like this weekend). I had my fun shape out yesterday, but wished I had the egg.

Some members now need to make an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Some members now need to make an apology.
    I would say we need to congratulate Steve that he is not a Gnome from Frotoville.