LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 272
  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post

    Especially when I looked at Roy's website and found a review by Randy of another one of Roy's boards (13' something or other)
    Randy only rode one board, the 13 footer, can you provide a link to the review which you claim is on my website?
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Seriously?? Based on one ride report, of one board, found on Google you would draw your conclusions.
    You are either an idiot, or just have it in for this guy. Either way....pointless.
    Correct.

    Many people rode that particular board and some rode it for months before writing ride reports,

    Those with the hate agenda however, conveniently ignore all ride reports except the one from their poster boy Rarick.

    .

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

    Why would he have it in for a guy that trolls global surf forums, arguing with everyone and anyone, and self promoting to the point where he should be banned (or is banned)? Just crazy of yankee for feeling this way.

    I am not saying I disagree with your overview of this specific instance, but there is a history here.
    Firstly, you should remind yourself why I arrived on this forum... because members here were talking about me that's why.

    You claim to be a man of science and constantly wave your claimed qualification around, and yet you make false and illogical claims frequently. A case in point is your statement above that I argue with 'everyone and anyone' clearly that is not the case and in my experience these arguments are usually conducted by a small rabid minority of people like yourself.

    .

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

    First of all, you had RR 'test drive' your creation; so, you had to have been confident in RR's surfing abilities & his experience & his acumen. You would never let just anyone test, then critique, your kindling.

    For your information: the 13 footer went on a five year tour and was available for anyone to ride, I did not choose who rode the board.


    what you got was pragmatic reality from RR, aka, the board isn't very good.
    Wrong, he didn't ride the board correctly, he was told that it shouldn't be ridden from way back on the tail but deliberately ignored this advice, consequently he fell off most of the few waves he rode and is thus unqualified to judge.

    I know how well that design works and so do many others who have ridden it.


    When the rave review wasn't forthcoming you elected to (metaphorically) to shoot the messenger. And then claim he isn't qualified. Huh...?
    As I said he isn't qualified.


    Secondly, the only "common denominator" is one that you create from your own fictional world.
    I.e., in the real world there is no "common denominator," only lousy test scores for your product.
    The reality is that you are ignoring all the great ride reports which others have provided, and choosing only one, to suit your agenda.



    Lastly, not only do you rip RR for being a "kook" you now go on to assassinate his character through third-party assertions & smears & conspiracy theories.


    If your product was all that, it would be in demand. Fact is, it's not in demand.
    Incorrect, my products are in demand.


    It gets lousy reviews from highly qualified/experienced people (at your request!)
    It was one lousy review with many positive ones, you try to spin this as many i.e. lousy reviews from qualified people, while ignoring themany positive reviews as if they don't exist. That is dishonest and illogical.

    Furthermore I did not request that Randy rode the board. The board had been ridden by others in Hawaii for a few weeks and according to North Shore surf photographer Scott Hartvigsen the locals were lining up to ride it, Scott said that the word was going through the 'coconut vine' that the board is a hot item, that it rides really well.

    That's when Randy stepped in and put a stop to it. After randy rode it it went to a magazine guy who kept it under lock and key for an entire season, he wouldn't let anyone ride it and eventually told a trustworthy friend of ours in Honolulu that he had kept it locked up as he had received death threats... i.e. he was not to let the board out or he would be killed. That explained his bizarre behaviour. It was extremely difficult and took years to get the board back from Rarick's little gang.



    who have no vested interest in whether the product sells or not.
    A ridiculous statement. Of course he does.


    The lack of demand for your product has nothing to do with the exorbitant price tag you put on it & everything to do with its inherent lameness

    .

    There's demand.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    That's when Randy stepped in and put a stop to it. After randy rode it it went to a magazine guy who kept it under lock and key for an entire season, he wouldn't let anyone ride it and eventually told a trustworthy friend of ours in Honolulu that he had kept it locked up as he had received death threats... i.e. he was not to let the board out or he would be killed. That explained his bizarre behaviour. It was extremely difficult and took years to get the board back from Rarick's little gang.
    This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. The legend of Roy grows - a design so advanced, others will kill to keep it away from the masses...

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    That's when Randy stepped in and put a stop to it. After randy rode it it went to a magazine guy who kept it under lock and key for an entire season, he wouldn't let anyone ride it and eventually told a trustworthy friend of ours in Honolulu that he had kept it locked up as he had received death threats... i.e. he was not to let the board out or he would be killed. That explained his bizarre behaviour. It was extremely difficult and took years to get the board back from Rarick's little gang.

    Wow, just wow.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    That's funny, others accuse me of riding only knee high and below...
    Meh, knee high to Hawaiians and west coasters is waist high here in the east. They are spoiled. I am sure Steve can attest to the fact that SC rarely gets swell like seen in those NZ videos.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Firstly, you should remind yourself why I arrived on this forum... because members here were talking about me that's why.

    You claim to be a man of science and constantly wave your claimed qualification around, and yet you make false and illogical claims frequently. A case in point is your statement above that I argue with 'everyone and anyone' clearly that is not the case and in my experience these arguments are usually conducted by a small rabid minority of people like yourself.

    .
    That is bullsh1t, and you know it. The only people you don't argue with are the people who agree with you. Anyone with a differing opinion or viewpoint should be ready for the long multipost argument by Ol Roy. Just searching your name on google will pop up dozens of forum links with you fighting and arguing with people.
    By the way, I make accurate claims and almost always post links. You, however, never seem to back up your side of any argument. Case and point, reread your BS in the bee thread. If you are going to accuse a person of doing something, it is best to be sure that you aren't also guilty.
    Last edited by brewengineer; May 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. The legend of Roy grows - a design so advanced, others will kill to keep it away from the masses...
    Well, that's what happened, and more.

    Fact is often stranger than fiction.

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

    That is bullsh1t, and you know it.
    No it isn't, nearly every post of yours including the one above contains serious logical errors which are completely fatal to your case... as well as frequent factual errors.

    You appear to be oblivious to this and/or have no respect for the truth.