Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 267
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,734
    Have you considered hooking up a small battery powered trolling motor to the kon-tiki log? Bet it needs one.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,050
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Clemsonsurf,
    I've been passing the board around a bit for people to test run. Right now it's at work buddy's house ill see if we can set something up. I promised him a few weeks/ sessions with it. I'll get back to you and see if things line up. Have you ever surfed at 9th west on Folly? It's a decent spot, not touristy and no big rocks in the water like the washout. I have been eye balling this weekends forcast with that storm pushing in. Just got a pair of dark fin gloves I have wanting to try out.
    Oh yeah, 9th is good. That whole area down to the pier has been getting better than past years IMO. I'd write off the washout for that board there are much better longboard spots on Folly. Have you put a leash on it yet? I know you were hesitant about putting one on based on Roy's suggestions.

    Let me know what you think about the gloves. I'd recommend busting out a bunch of push ups to get your paddle strength up over the gloves.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Charleston ,sc
    Posts
    152
    The leash plug held in perfectly in 3ft surf. Very happy about that. I'm thinking the gloves will help catch the ones I just missed.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    12,569
    Images
    6
    Just step up your paddle game Steve.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Oh yeah, 9th is good. That whole area down to the pier has been getting better than past years IMO. I'd write off the washout for that board there are much better longboard spots on Folly. Have you put a leash on it yet? I know you were hesitant about putting one on based on Roy's suggestions.

    Let me know what you think about the gloves. I'd recommend busting out a bunch of push ups to get your paddle strength up over the gloves.
    Don't rule out IOP. 9th st and 31st st have been producing some very long rides this summer.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    The leash plug held in perfectly in 3ft surf. Very happy about that. I'm thinking the gloves will help catch the ones I just missed.
    Do you slightly cup your hands while paddling? This should give you an extra boost over flat handed paddling.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,050
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Don't rule out IOP. 9th st and 31st st have been producing some very long rides this summer.
    Trew Brew.

    Come on out to Folly too. I know you're a east sider but you're too young to have the bridge crossing phobia so many have in our town. I spent a couple years only surfing IOP and I kinda regret it because it's such an easy wave. Easy but limiting, I've had to make a couple adjustments to accomodate the laziness that I could get away with on IOP. Folly packs more punch but you do have a better chance of riding all the way to the beach at IOP.

    Steve,
    Brew does have a point here, IOP is probably you're best bet and it's probably not any further from N Chas than Folly.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    The leash plug held in perfectly in 3ft surf. Very happy about that. I'm thinking the gloves will help catch the ones I just missed.
    The problem also might be the 7" of rocker on your board.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Trew Brew.

    Come on out to Folly too. I know you're a east sider but you're too young to have the bridge crossing phobia so many have in our town. I spent a couple years only surfing IOP and I kinda regret it because it's such an easy wave. Easy but limiting, I've had to make a couple adjustments to accomodate the laziness that I could get away with on IOP. Folly packs more punch but you do have a better chance of riding all the way to the beach at IOP.

    Steve,
    Brew does have a point here, IOP is probably you're best bet and it's probably not any further from N Chas than Folly.
    I surfed the pier a couple times last summer on Folly. It honestly felt just like 31st on IOP, but was a fun time. I am sure both spots were decently punchy last weekend. I would love to get down to Folly more often, but summer traffic pisses me off so much.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,050
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I surfed the pier a couple times last summer on Folly. It honestly felt just like 31st on IOP, but was a fun time. I am sure both spots were decently punchy last weekend. I would love to get down to Folly more often, but summer traffic pisses me off so much.
    The pier is the most IOP-esque spot on Folly. The waves gradually get steeper as you near the washout.

    I hear ya. When I was living on Sullivan's Island, I rarely made it out to Folly. I couldn't justify leaving the beach to go to the beach. Traffic has calmed slightly with the drinking ban just don't try to go out there at 12pm.

    I usually go early AM and in the afternoon so traffic is rarely a problem