LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    I never said I needed gloves to catch waves did I.

I merely see them as a supplement. To me I see them as a way to boost efficiency. If you cut a hand shape into the SUP paddle it would be less efficient. Or in an extreme example you could just use a broomstick to paddle a SUP.

Can you imagine the first bodyboarder to wear swimming fins.....you gotta get those feet more surface area to push water!
    Steve, i'm sure you catch plenty a wave (no sarcasm , don't take my comment too much to heart. I think it's just not going to help you in anyway though, ever wonder why you almost never see surfers wearing them? Just to give you an idea of how silly it is, I can and have caught waves on my SUP WITHOUT my paddle, using my bear hands (yes BEAR hands), just like on my regular surf boards, it's just a fatter surboard when you boil it down to basics. Fins on a body board makes sense since you gotta hug that little pillow with your hands. I just don't want you to get your hopes up thinking you'll suddenly be catching waves with the "supplementation" of gloves...
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jul 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Hey guys I started a new thread for the dark fin surf gloves. I shouldn't have mentioned them in this thread because people are marrying the topics. Ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Hey guys I started a new thread for the dark fin surf gloves. I shouldn't have mentioned them in this thread because people are marrying the topics. Ops.
    Phew! Wouldn't want to ruin your ride report with some silly off-topic discussion. Good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    Phew! Wouldn't want to ruin your ride report with some silly off-topic discussion. Good move.
    What ride report??? hahahaha

Images
    steve how does the surf forecast look in SC? Maine is garbage right now. thats whats keeping me focused on my current build.. New England has been scattered thunder and literally ankle high waves for a month now.. Anyways I do look forward to hearing more about your PP board and how it performs. Also did you draw that plan shape by hand and if so do you have any tips on creating it?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    steve how does the surf forecast look in SC? Maine is garbage right now. thats whats keeping me focused on my current build.. New England has been scattered thunder and literally ankle high waves for a month now.. Anyways I do look forward to hearing more about your PP board and how it performs. Also did you draw that plan shape by hand and if so do you have any tips on creating it?

Can it, gnome. Stop wasting our eyeballs, Just PM yourself fer chrissakes

Charles,
    Yes I did draw the plan shape by hand.
    I used a large roll of brown paper from Lowes.
    Cut a piece 1 ft longer than the board
    Fold it in half lengthwise
    Use circle templates, long thin wood strips to aid in tracing a plan shape
    Cut out the plan shape and unfold..... you get a perfect symmetrical plan shape
    Take the cutout and retrace on another sheet of paper.
    Use the cutout for tracing over the uncut blank
    Use the uncut traced piece as a lay down /fit up aide for the small blocks

Glad to send you my phone number if you like a better explanation / toss around ideas.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Can it, gnome. Stop wasting our eyeballs, Just PM yourself fer chrissakes
    Yankee what's the gnome thing that's been passed around on this forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Yankee what's the gnome thing that's been passed around on this forum ?
    You'll have to do your own research on that item, 'Chuck.'

Chuck,
    As far as the board rides I posted a few experiences of my own on days with limiter conditions. I have been passing the board around to fellow surfers/friends and its currently at its third home now. The most recent holder of the board reports the board took a session to get the feel for but after he found the sweet spot it was a really easy wave catcher. The highlight for me was hearing he had a 75 yard ride in. Not bad for the first few sessions I think.