LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Dudicles you should read more and talk less. I know you watched some video of a bridge moving around and now harmonic resonance is a bad charecteristic for a surfboard to have. In your mind a surfboard and a bridge are so similar you have provided the bridge video as evidence. Hahaha Wow....
    I'm just messing with you man, don't be so sensitive. I realize that you spent a lot of time building that and have a lot of personal investment in it, but I remain skeptical and only barely believe that you are NOT Roy Stewart Stuart, and the thing that rubs me the wrong way is your increased self-promotion. "Look at me everyone I built a board just like the most controversial, polarizing figure in surfing today and I expect to be treated with respect and admired for what I created. Also what do you think people would pay for this sort of thing? Here is the thread I'm going to post a ride report if we ever get waves. Blah blah blah blah..."

It's been over a week, I've surfed I think 3 times on my 7' fish since then, you can surely get waves at low tide on your 25-foot catamaran thingy

I'm starting to think ride report threads that precede actual rides are kind of a tease.

So we all now now about the "harmonics" of the board....like violins (not bridges that fell into the river).
    We know about the stance on which the board will be ridden...like Tom Blake, or Roy Stuart

Whats missing in this ride report thread...hmm...
    Last edited by scotty; Apr 29, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

We've seen endless videos of Roy riding it, if your wearing a bright colored jumpsuit and a helmet, I'm callin' you out....and then we will all know that you are one of Roy Stuart's 12.

this may have been covered in a previous thread , but steve what is your level of wood working / shaping skill and what inspired you to spend three months building the board

Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    I'm just messing with you man, don't be so sensitive. I realize that you spent a lot of time building that and have a lot of personal investment in it, but I remain skeptical and only barely believe that you are NOT Roy Stewart Stuart, and the thing that rubs me the wrong way is your increased self-promotion. "Look at me everyone I built a board just like the most controversial, polarizing figure in surfing today and I expect to be treated with respect and admired for what I created. Also what do you think people would pay for this sort of thing? Here is the thread I'm going to post a ride report if we ever get waves. Blah blah blah blah..."

It's been over a week, I've surfed I think 3 times on my 7' fish since then, you can surely get waves at low tide on your 25-foot catamaran thingy
    I've seen this tactic before and i know why it is done... I'll refrain from saying why but assure you that Steve and I are not the same person... if you want evidence he posted a picture of himself holding the board on Tree to sea and possibly here too.

As for self promotion... why do you love corporations so much? Self promotion is what individuals do, sit back and enjoy it is my advice.

Agreed Scotty, this ride report is missing a ride report. I could have ran out there as soon as the epoxy cured but I was really hoping to post a report on something butter than 2 foot mush with swell periods that are shorter that the actual surfboard.
    Three months to build the board because I needed to save for tools, wood, epoxy. Three months because I bolt a rocker table just for this board and because I was in no rush.
    I do like to show off my new board. It's my favorite and people are free to post or not.

Why is everyone giving steve such a hard time. Roy is ridiculous because of his prices and outlandish philosophies. This chap built one in his garage for (if I recall from the previous thread) around 700 bucks. At this point it's just a sweet longboard. Good on ya man, I won't lie, I want to build one too.

Steve, the waves were beautiful at iop on Thursday, right after the storms had passed. Waist to stomach with a period around 9 seconds, if you were patient.
    Btw, how long have you been surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Why is everyone giving steve such a hard time. Roy is ridiculous because of his prices and outlandish philosophies. This chap built one in his garage for (if I recall from the previous thread) around 700 bucks. At this point it's just a sweet longboard. Good on ya man, I won't lie, I want to build one too.
    I am not giving him a hard time. I am just confused at how a local surfer in our fairly small community can build multiple wood boards, along with this beast, yet no one knows him. He also has come out of nowhere and posted on multiple forums. Maybe just an odd coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am not giving him a hard time. I am just confused at how a local surfer in our fairly small community can build multiple wood boards, along with this beast, yet no one knows him. He also has come out of nowhere and posted on multiple forums. Maybe just an odd coincidence.
    From the getgo of Steve's threads on his Roy inspired board, I have had a recurring thought that this "could" be Roy just trying to stay in the conversation here by using a fake screen name. But at the moment, if I had to guess I think Steve is legit and I am waiting to hear about his surf experience with it.