LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Top Reasons Why This Thing Will Never See The Light of Day:

1. US Navy used it for range practice on Sunday morning.
    2. Large bonfire on Folly Beach Road spotted from space station.
    3. North Korea demanding blueprints in exchange for cessation of nuke activity.
    4. Bearded troll in orange rubber bodysuit seen attempting to steal item while laughing maniacally.
    5. The Merrimack historical chapter registered a 'plagiarism complaint' with South Carolina's Attorney General.
    6. Every time The Thing is loaded onto a vehicle, the FAA demands a flight registration number.
    7. The Spruce Goose is jealous.
    8. The US Air Force intend to drop it into the eye of the first hurricane of 2013 as a storm dissipation measure.
    Last edited by yankee; May 13, 2013 at 03:42 AM.

Yankers, Steve's alright. He's just from Chicago and has never seen real juice. The fact that he made a board like that shows real gumption. I bet you a silver dollar it sees water.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 13, 2013 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Yankers, Steve's alright. He's just from Chicago and has never seen real juice. The fact that he made a board like that shows real gumption. I bet you a silver dollar it sees water.
    Just spoofin' The Chi-Town Kid a bit, Z.

I'll be pleased to supply the bottle of champers for the maiden voyage of that thing. So, let 'er rip Steve-o.

I know consistency is an issue down there, limited swell window, etc. But has it been THAT flat?

I'm truly curious to hear about how that thing rides. I know everyone is busy, but after sinking the time and love into a board like that I would definitely make it a priority.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    I know consistency is an issue down there, limited swell window, etc. But has it been THAT flat?

I'm truly curious to hear about how that thing rides. I know everyone is busy, but after sinking the time and love into a board like that I would definitely make it a priority.
    It's been over 2 weeks since I've been out. It's been that flat or victory at sea conditions. I was ready to burn the HWS I made because i tried to ride a ripple with it. I pulled it out in some waist high waves last month and had a blast on it. I can understand waiting for a decent wave.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    It's been over 2 weeks since I've been out. It's been that flat or victory at sea conditions. I was ready to burn the HWS I made because i tried to ride a ripple with it. I pulled it out in some waist high waves last month and had a blast on it. I can understand waiting for a decent wave.
    It wasn't flat yesterday morning. Thigh high and clean should be more than enough to push the mega-yacht. However, yesterday was my first day out in two weeks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    It wasn't flat yesterday morning. Thigh high and clean should be more than enough to push the mega-yacht. However, yesterday was my first day out in two weeks.
    I was covering mother's day for my son. The 19 month old punk couldn't get off his diapered a$$ long enough to get her a present.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I was covering mother's day for my son. The 19 month old punk couldn't get off his diapered a$$ long enough to get her a present.
    You have to tell that kid to get his sh1t together. Daddy needs to surf!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Off topic but here's 'Seeka's' ride report on a ten footer he built using our 'Makaha' plans, we also supplied the wood. I don't need to invent fake ride reports.

http://www.roystuart.biz/2011/02/see...0-pintail.html

http://www.roystuart.biz/2011/10/see...continued.html

so I was looking at Roy's site. Its pretty sweet and raises a couple questions for Roy.

1)What do the other folks at your breaks think of you coming through like a missile? pretty much looks like you can catch anything and catch alot of folks inside by surprise. Is that why you wear the bright jumpsuit?

2) is there anything in the conventional board world that might surf anything like your boards for those without the money or the woodworking shop?

3) seems like you want some long waves to make it all worthwhile. not the best value of classic NJ beachies

thanks and keep flying
    Last edited by wombat; May 13, 2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo

Hi Wombat,

I wear orange partly for safety reasons, and I have an excellent safety record because I'm careful and because the boards have excellent control capabilities which are consistent throughout the whole speed range.

Wherever one surfs and whatever one surfs there will always be paddlers spread out through the break, especially when it is crowded. One has to navigate.

Regarding similar boards it kind of depends what one means by similar, the Meyerhoffer 'slip in' is one which catches my eye, for longboards the closest would be a longboard gun type but they tend to be rather narrow and thick.

Wave length wise the boards tend to make long rides possible where others are only getting short rides, but they work well in short waves like shorebreaks and so on as well, some models more so than others.

If you want something similar the best bet would be to order a custom foam board, the basic parameters are pretty simple... get the rocker and planshape right and a variety of rails, profiles, bottom contours and fins can be used.