LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Surf Photographers

It's a new era and in the tradition of boring, generic threads I pose this question: Who is your favorite surf photographer, besides Sturgis Powell?

Mine is a humble Quaker from West Chester, PA. Oh, he grew up surfing when he could, but spent many a day skating and dreaming of those waves on brillant Southeast, PA days. Seth Stafford would later leave his West Chester roots and become a staff photographer for Transworld Surf.

Seth was the grom of my old high school era crew who later distanced himself from us as we started to live like Shawn Briley, Chris Ward, and, some of us, eventually like David Eggers and Michael Petereson. Oh, Seth why did you go?

Why baby why? Did ya have to let me go and leave me so lonely. Why baby why? Stop playing with my heart. I told ya............ Hey, you guys like Dokken?

Anyways, he's the best. Though the magazine he works for is garbage. It's target market is 12-year-old male masturbators who possess less impressive attention spans than their peers of yore.
    Really, you people need to get off the PS3's and throw your smart phones away. Stop watching American Idol and read Kurt Vonnegut. It's sooooooo ironic that society has this tech boom yet the average citizen is becoming less intelligent by generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I looked, but can't seem to find these quality threads...
    Good for you posting this...Despite your trolling, i think this has the potential to be a quality post...so ill attempt to contribute. Saw this the other day http://www.surfermag.com/features/to-boston-with-love/.

Chris Burkard takes surf photography to a whole new level, his stuff never gets old or boring.

i would say either Eric Vithalani or steve young they have great photo's on facebook.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Good for you posting this...Despite your trolling, i think this has the potential to be a quality post...so ill attempt to contribute. Saw this the other day http://www.surfermag.com/features/to-boston-with-love/.
    Dude, how am I "trolling?" Show examples and be specific. People who use the term "trolling" are a bit on the dorky side. How is what I'm doing any different than you or anybody else on here? Show examples and be specific. People peruse threads that appeal to them and maybe they throw a comment out here and there. So, that's trolling?

And hon, I'm almost certain, in my history, I've contributed more quality posts than you. And comment on things in the proper thread, not in places where they don't belong. And, besides, you never answered my question. Insulting me doesn't answer the question.

...get off the PS3's, throw your smart phones away...and read Kurt Vonnegut.
    Amen...

But my answer to your question would be Andrew Kidman, hands down... http://www.brilliantarrogance.com/20...ew-kidman.html

P.S. Don't get sucked into it... again.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Amen...

But my answer to your question would be Andrew Kidman, hands down... http://www.brilliantarrogance.com/20...ew-kidman.html

P.S. Don't get sucked into it... again.
    Yeah.......thanks for the advice LBCrew. I just had to address that once and for all. I've actually changed and won't be entertaining any online arguments. I've mellowed. HA. No, really I have. I even stopped wanting to harm an opposing political party and don't even argue politics anymore.

But, here's what is interesting: An 18 hour battle went down, full of elementary school insults(gay slurs, body part comparisions), and it even stretched into multiple threads. I would have been arrested by the Swellinfo police had that been me. Ah man, life, not even on the "intranets" is not fair.

Hey LB, hug your dog tonight. All of youse, hug your dogs and hook them up with some food.

Dude, how am I "trolling?" Show examples and be specific. People who use the term "trolling" are a bit on the dorky side. How is what I'm doing any different than you or anybody else on here? Show examples and be specific. People peruse threads that appeal to them and maybe they throw a comment out here and there. So, that's trolling?

And hon, I'm almost certain, in my history, I've contributed more quality posts than you. And comment on things in the proper thread, not in places where they don't belong. And, besides, you never answered my question. Insulting me doesn't answer the question.
    PM'd you and to keep this relevant +1 on Andrew Kidman...

matt kurvin and christor lukasiewitz for capturing great color and moments, Ted Grambeau and Russell Ord for beautiful big wave shots

Thumbs up

Steve Fitzpatrick

http://www.stevefitzpatrick.com/galleries/surf/

Great photographer and even though I've never met him, strikes me as a good guy - even though he's originally from Jersey