LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    but seriously tho i think it was timothy Leary who said that we have already "soiled the nest" and the only hope of mankinds preservation is in the stars, at the gates of space travel. I agree, but don't agree entirely. If we don't live to live sustainable and in harmony with our own planet as a species, well just be like those aliens in Independence Day that Will Smith had to **** Up. Just being aliens, cruising the galaxy, and raping planets dry for their resources, killing whatever lifeforms try to stop us, and moving on to the next planet when the one we just raped is a mere husk. We stand at an evolutionary precipice right now both consciously and physically. A crossroads if you will, kinda like what Luke faced in Star Wars. We can either transcend to become a harmonic constructive entity of nature, spreading virtue and health throughout the universe, or we can become destructive consumptive entities, an essential virus on the existential plane we inhabit.

Idk man, ripped the binger pretty hard for that one.

Wow... Timothy Leary, pollution, Independence Day, Star Wars, and evolutionary human consciousness all in one post. My hat goes off to you bud!

i'm sure he went full dark side after listening to that pussified ewok song....

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    i'm sure he went full dark side after listening to that pussified ewok song....
    yea he did actually for a time after the establishment of the New Republic after the Fall of The Empire, as emphasized by Shadows of the Empire on N64, and also the expanded universe. His wife Mara Jada also went darkside, and his two kids i think. Mara Jada was the Emperors secretary and main squeeze till luke converted her to the light, and she converted him back to the dark. Heady **** man.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    yea he did actually for a time after the establishment of the New Republic after the Fall of The Empire, as emphasized by Shadows of the Empire on N64, and also the expanded universe. His wife Mara Jada also went darkside, and his two kids i think. Mara Jada was the Emperors secretary and main squeeze till luke converted her to the light, and she converted him back to the dark. Heady **** man.
    lol. my dog's name is Mara Jade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1EbSoiNh_Q

Vader playing harmonica... gets me every time

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    My apologies then. Internet gestures are so difficult to interpret.

I miss yankee. Where did he go?
    Yankee has been banned, dudes. Bans can be for two days.......two weeks......one month....two months. Depends on his disciplinary history with the powers that be, and the severity of the offense.

It's kind of cool getting banned from a surfing website. It gives you some internet cred. You can tell all the homies on the block and gain respect. Oi vey..............

Welcome to surfing 2013. Man, what happened? Surfers used to be cool. Now it's like yuppie, weekend rock climbing. Oh well, another sign of devolution.

Man, what happened?
    paying one's dues became unfashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    The key is to eat local seafood that comes from fishermen who live in your community--they have just as much at stake in terms of viable fisheries and are generally active in conservation... Stop eating imported seafood of ANY kind.
    You nailed it... That, and eat as LOW on the marine food chain as you can. Loss of biomass is exponential as you go up the food pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yankee has been banned, dudes. Bans can be for two days.......two weeks......one month....two months. Depends on his disciplinary history with the powers that be, and the severity of the offense.

It's kind of cool getting banned from a surfing website. It gives you some internet cred. You can tell all the homies on the block and gain respect. Oi vey..............

Welcome to surfing 2013. Man, what happened? Surfers used to be cool. Now it's like yuppie, weekend rock climbing. Oh well, another sign of devolution.
    Photo on 5-1-13 at 1.19 PM #2.jpg
    found this yuppie gem of a paddle board hat abandoned in my local wilderness preserve of masonboro island, abandoned on the beach. i wear it when giving parking tickets to look extra kooky.
    Last edited by trevolution; May 1, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    paying one's dues became unfashionable.
    Yeah everybody wants it easy, and to learn it on a computer......don't want to learn by experience and trial and error(or for you NJSHREDMACHINE types......"trial by error")

Websites to forecast your waves, no more researching it own your own.......
    Nice comfy flexible wetsuits............
    Surf cams to help you decide if it's worth it ...........
    Billion dollar surf wear companies who produce garbage quality T-shirts.....
    Pros who make six figures who don't do anything because "They don't feel like it..."
    No respect for generational hierarchies at established spots.......
    A clueless novice class like never seen before........
    ETC