LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused...

I'm confused...

All last week I was looking forward to this ground swell to arrive, and it has, or at least the Swellinfo, MSW, and Surfline, say it has....

MSW.jpgSurfline.jpgSwellinfo.jpg

But this is what I'm seeing....

Inlet 5-1-13.jpg

Not just this spot too, checked a few and 1-2' max.

Any help as to why such an overcall?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kyle; May 1, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Images
    try paying for the premium forecasting service...i understand the waves are much better.

Jupiter is like that, I've seen it go from flat to 4 foot to flat in 90 minutes.

Anyone around Jupiter catching any fun waves?

no its really bad. looks decent this weekend though. try the peir, its been decent their lately

Kyle, most web forecasters don't account for specific swell directions for each break all that well... it's a lot of data to crunch. Pay attention to swell direction and find the beaches that are best depending on that factor.

Erock, I understand that, that's why I said I checked multiple spots....

And like I said most flat or 1-2' max...and I checked the pier 3 times today, and if there is any swell at all, one side of the pier will kick up....but that's the 1-2' max spot.

I totally understand computer forcasting is a tough job, but just haven't seen anything like this before...3ft@13secs usually produces something rideable....

Pay attention to the wind direction.

Ok, wind direction? It's Florida, it's onshore 90% of the time, no different today, in fact less wind than usual....not sure if wind direction is the root of the problem here...

I know Florida has a slowly sloping shelf, does this take all the thunder out of this ground swell?

This swell had as much hype as a tropical system.