LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Cape Canaveral buoy is 3.6 @ 14 seconds. There is some swell there, but it looks like its not getting quite down to your area. Should get bigger as you head north.
    North is better. Been good for days in the Cocoa pier area.

It was 3-5 feet in New Smyrna Beach yesterday.

Images
    Kyle, don't mean any disrespect, but anything south of Stuart doesn't hardly get any swell, if it does it has to be a pretty decent ground swell or your going to surf a little wind dribble, its been pretty good up my way, I think this swell was a little over forecasted but not by much, there is a system going over us right now that might end up being tropical in nature by the time its over with, I started a thread on it last week. Tropical season is almost upon us, just hope nobody gets a direct hit this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Kyle, don't mean any disrespect, but anything south of Stuart doesn't hardly get any swell, if it does it has to be a pretty decent ground swell or your going to surf a little wind dribble, its been pretty good up my way, I think this swell was a little over forecasted but not by much, there is a system going over us right now that might end up being tropical in nature by the time its over with, I started a thread on it last week. Tropical season is almost upon us, just hope nobody gets a direct hit this year.
    No disrespect taken, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on no swell south of Stuart, swell gets down here plenty. However, after looking at more charts of the sea bottom and historical data....

It is the ENE direction that killed it. It's coming in around the 53,54 degree mark, far too easternly to filter down. But Surfdog, anything NE i.e. north of the 50 degree mark def filters down here.

However, still haven't answered my original question....Why was there such an overcall for the area by all 3 sites? Are all 3 algorithms missing something to compensate for the angle of the swell or the Grand Bahama shadow? I'm just curious, still trying to figure out FL beach breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis55 View Post
    Yup dont come here stay where ever you are. I mean beautiful women everywhere, great weather, great golf, the bahamas is a 2 1/2 hr boat ride from my house, the fishing in awesome, yea this place sucks
    Nice, enjoy. I lived in FL as well, I had a great time. I was speaking of the surf...it blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Nice, enjoy. I lived in FL as well, I had a great time. I was speaking of the surf...it blows.
    Well thanks for your input, but doesn't really answer my question....I know the surf here isn't great, but thanks for the reminder!

Images
    Hell Yes! Forecast is looking nice for this weekend. On it in the morning @ Jensen.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O'C View Post
    Hell Yes! Forecast is looking nice for this weekend. On it in the morning @ Jensen.
    Yes sir, got the alarm clock set for 5:30 tomorrow thru next week, dawn patrol looks like it will be fun!

Images
    I never thought I would type this. Port St Lucie was on fire all day!!!. Jensen Pumping!!!! Heard Stuart rocks was well over head this morning. Great Day!!!!!