LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Surfing Santa Cruz

Hi there, total newbie!! I am very durable and stay quite warm but am very new to surfing. I will be in Santa Cruz the 26th and 27th of Dec and am looking for some people to paddle out with. I typically have a few days off a week so am looking to make friends for the winter.

Here's my 2 cents. If you're totally new to this, also contact local surf shop(s) and see if they can arrange getting you one or two intro surfing lessons. Surf etiquette also very important.
    Good luck.

Images
    if your new gtfo the forum and post at the surfermag forums. go buy a pound of weed a gnaraloo and smoke meth. go go bench a few hundred pound. smoke your stuff then then paddle out to steamer lane. now your ready to be a surfer! cut everybody off yell and scream and threaten then if they cut you off make sure to yell locals only. if its about to go down challenge to a bench off. #surfedicate101 #belmar newjsersey # dirty jersey

Santa Cruz is an awesome place to surf..especially Steamer. Be respectful of the good surfers out there. Plenty of waves so you'll get one. Cowells may be the best place to get a board, lessons and smaller waves on the inside.

Thank you for the tips. Proper care will save money in long term. Someone always help make seriuosly posts i'd condition.

Last edited by Rosner55; Jun 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Cowells is where you should go.

I also remember Capitola as having a beginner-friendly break.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyspec View Post
    I also remember Capitola as having a beginner-friendly break.
    This is true unless its a big day

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    if your new gtfo the forum and post at the surfermag forums. go buy a pound of weed a gnaraloo and smoke meth. go go bench a few hundred pound. smoke your stuff then then paddle out to steamer lane. now your ready to be a surfer! cut everybody off yell and scream and threaten then if they cut you off make sure to yell locals only. if its about to go down challenge to a bench off. #surfedicate101 #belmar newjsersey # dirty jersey

Classic, sound advice. Exactly how I pictured jersey.

You need to be paddling out at Cowell's if you're a rookie.