LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dude you know once you paddle out and your by yourself or even if other surfers are there not many people are judging you, we want you to succeed. Although I always enjoy a good chuckle ! Hell I usually give everyone around me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    Thank you cbsscrwey. Get rich or die tryin! It's been a good year. These stocks are selling like fire cakes. thank god the market has rebounded.
    In financial terms, a rebound means a recovery from prior negative activity. For a security, a rebound means that it has moved higher from a lower price. For the general economy, a rebound means that economic activity has increased from lower levels, like the bounce back following a recession.
    you may be just the person i need to talk to...i have a few questions..

Stock brokers, financial advisers and mutual funds have failed their clients over the last 24 months, and most should be fired.

Iíve been saying this since last year. And the commenters who responded to Howard Goldís article at http://www.marketwatch.com seem to feel the same way.

1. How much money do you make when your investors are in cash? In bonds? In stocks or ETFs? In mutual funds? The answers usually are that brokers make nothing when youíre in cash. Their firms often come down hard on them if theyíre not generating commissions, even in bear markets.

2. When was the last time you had your clients in 80% cash? Why? Results? How long? If never, walk.

3. Are you a buy and hold adviser, a day trading adviser, a swing trading adviser? Why? If buy and hold, walk. The adviser is lazy and probably poorly informed.

4. Of your clients, what percent hold the same stocks, bonds, bond funds, ETFs and mutual funds? If the answer is fuzzy and the broker wannabe wonít show you a summary of clientsí holdings, walk.

5. Do you recommend no load funds? If not, walk.

6. Who does your trading? You? Your clients online? You should do your own trading on line and make all final investing decisions. That way, youíll learn the game.

7. How much money do you have in stocks, etfs, bonds, bond funds, money market funds and T-Bills? If they wonít tell you and show you, walk.

8. Since 75% of stocks move with the market and in major market moves 90% move with the market, why play the asset allocation game? Isnít that concept obsolete? Never own more than 6-10 securities.

9. If youíre such a good investor and trader, why are you wasting your time with me? (Snotty question that puts the blowhards in their places.)

10. How much time do you ask your clients to put into reviewing their investments and learning about investing and trading? (If none, walk.)

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and advice!! I'm not going anywhere; in fact, I'm getting ready to go out for another go at it now!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miahnaise View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and advice!! I'm not going anywhere; in fact, I'm getting ready to go out for another go at it now!!
    Is your screen name/handle thing a play on words? It's kinda like mayonaise. Did you do that on purpose or is that an unfortunate coincidence for a guy that Shred can only barely bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Miahnaise View Post
    Have fun! Wish I could get out.

It's so crazy to hear a few people mention Mavericks. It's hard to believe it's that famous. I grew up in Half Moon Bay from 3rd grade on literally a couple blocks from the harbor. I used to walk my dog on the radar bluff overlooking the break daily. We all knew the waves were there but no one was riding them except Jeff Clark. It wasn't until Mark Foo died when I was in High school that I realized other people were going out. I remember going to the first Quicksilver comp there; that swell was massive. Now, I work at Pebble Beach and can see Ghost Trees from our restaurant. I've seen it break in the mid 20's twice since the end of November. No one rides it really anymore because they banned jetski's in the sanctuary and it's tow-in only. I couldn't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to be in the water with those kind of waves...

My name is Jeremiah. I'm a chef and it is a play on words for Mayonaise!!

To be completely honest I just started surfing. Been out in the water a total of a week and a half and I just say "Ok, it's choppy and head high. Sounds like a fun day to learn" if you're a strong swimmer and know the spot you're paddling then you can force yourself to learn quicker than an ankle high glassy day. Small isn't good for hands on unless that's your learning style (slow and steady) I prefer the "There it is, I've seen someone else do it. Let's see if I can" since it forces me to learn in harsher conditions as well as quickly to be able to save my own ***

Lol!! Too funny, haven't seen that before!