LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a.m. CM

a.m. CM

shouldn't the NE winds forecast make it clean?the man is red,and the man is the man.

Images
    Make it clean where?

cape may faces south,so the man should not be red if the forecast is for northeast winds in the a.m.,correct?i need the blue or green man.

Images
    Ahhh didn't connect the CM with Cape May. I guess I'm slipping.

Yeah, I guess the blue or green man should be in place. I know you probably don't want an anecdote here but......maybe some people will yell at me or something. Make it worth while.......

I think it was 1993 or 1996.....one of the two. We had a substantial Nor Easter going. Storm had passed offshore but winds were still N-NE. I went down to Cape May and completely lucked out. I got a prime piece of real estate completely by myself. Had perfect, and I mean perfect, 4-6' foot barrels all to myself. And this was my only second time I went down there to surf. So it was kind of a mini-adventure.....

So I'm all happy ....getting the goods, when I look beachwards and here come five dudes. Fark man. Then they paddle out and it was friggin Matt Keenan and a group of his Ocean City followers. The attitude was overwhelming. I was more mellow and docile back then so I just let it go. Man, they just took over like it was friggin 8th St. Yelling and screaming.............Keenan's friends were the BIGGEST ARSE-KISSERS ever. It was just a terrible experience. I'm still bitter about it today.

i know,you can get totally vibed at such a generally smaller,mellower break is very surprising,and the whole oc thing down there can be like this attitude,plus all sorts of weirdo kooks riding really kooky boards,too.had guys just do silent bumping up my ass,little kids blatantly snaking me...i guess i'm the biggest kook.it can be one foot and the 'locals' are so amped and aggro...we like turn around and go back to where we came from,so i guess for them it's mission accomplished

The winds can get funny there, though... it can be blowing North almost everywhere, but down at the beach it's sideshore. Funky stuff...

Back in the day... I mean WAY back in the day... I remember working at the top of one of the hotels right on the beachfront as a waiter, and watching a full on Nor'Easter fill in and flood the streets. But it was like 8' and perfect...

Images
    Looks like it is only going to be NE for a brief couple of hours in the morning, probably not enough to clean-up the swell.

Current forecast there is for NE winds from Midnight to noon... Should be decent in the AM

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Ahhh didn't connect the CM with Cape May. I guess I'm slipping.

Yeah, I guess the blue or green man should be in place. I know you probably don't want an anecdote here but......maybe some people will yell at me or something. Make it worth while.......

I think it was 1993 or 1996.....one of the two. We had a substantial Nor Easter going. Storm had passed offshore but winds were still N-NE. I went down to Cape May and completely lucked out. I got a prime piece of real estate completely by myself. Had perfect, and I mean perfect, 4-6' foot barrels all to myself. And this was my only second time I went down there to surf. So it was kind of a mini-adventure.....

So I'm all happy ....getting the goods, when I look beachwards and here come five dudes. Fark man. Then they paddle out and it was friggin Matt Keenan and a group of his Ocean City followers. The attitude was overwhelming. I was more mellow and docile back then so I just let it go. Man, they just took over like it was friggin 8th St. Yelling and screaming.............Keenan's friends were the BIGGEST ARSE-KISSERS ever. It was just a terrible experience. I'm still bitter about it today.
    not exactly sure what the point of this little story is or how it's relevant to the topic of the thread beyond that it took place in cape may between 16 & 20 years ago.

beachbreak, i get where you're coming from. i will say that i'm pretty set on packing up some boards & heading down there in the early AM tomorrow myself. i know it's more of a commitment for you coming from further north, but i figure it's GOT to be cleaner/more organized down there than here.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    not exactly sure what the point of this little story is or how it's relevant to the topic of the thread beyond that it took place in cape may between 16 & 20 years ago.

beachbreak, i get where you're coming from. i will say that i'm pretty set on packing up some boards & heading down there in the early AM tomorrow myself. i know it's more of a commitment for you coming from further north, but i figure it's GOT to be cleaner/more organized down there than here.
    There was no point NJsurfer42. Sorry you didn't approve. Just putting a little beef into the thread. I know this thread is very important to you. Again, sorry, man.

Does this swell really warrant a Cape May excursion? I don't know. Well, good luck tomorrow. Drive safely and wear your seatbelt. Again I'm sorry my post wasn't relevant and lacked any point. I'll try better next time.