LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a.m. CM

Images
    I'm interested in how you make out...not worth a ferry ticket for me...

low tide at 10:00 a.m. ENE wind forecast. Basically windswell...

Low tide really seems to take the punch out of CM swell...never figured out why...there arent really shoals offshore are there?

I've been burned by that setup too many times...waist high weak lefts breaking off the jetties right into mush.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I'm interested in how you make out...not worth a ferry ticket for me...

low tide at 10:00 a.m. ENE wind forecast. Basically windswell...

Low tide really seems to take the punch out of CM swell...never figured out why...there arent really shoals offshore are there?

I've been burned by that setup too many times...waist high weak lefts breaking off the jetties right into mush.

100% correct. Cape may needs more of a swell to make it worthwhile. I've said it before and don't mean to play the part of the old bitter guy but cape may is a shell of its former self. Yes it still gets good but if u surfed there back in the day it's sad to see it now. F..k the acoe

it's first light or no go,before the wind and tide ruin it.cape maybe.it's light early,now.

lbcrew's correct,i've caught that e wind sideshore current skunk factor,and now my 6 p.m. update shows it with the little red man.on the other hand the 'cape may bubble' often has morning glass or offshore winds when the forecast has it blowing onshore west,i guess because a land breeze is an early morning thing.the best way to score it is to be there checking constantly since it's ridiculously fickle.i've seen it go from crap to fun or the other way around in an instant.but there are still some good and fun waves there.

i'm still very much on the fence. i suspect it'll be a last minute, grab & go type decision. wind looks to be slightly side/onshore...no big thing if it weren't for the 15mph forecast wind speed. ugh. just over wonky onshore slop. but i guess it's still better than it being flat.

Yep. This swell had/has too much east wind in it. Makes for that sideshore blown out frustrating session. And yes there is def still some fun waves there. Just nothing like it used to be. But I suppose that's the east coast in general especially as of late. Spots come and go more frequently than in the past. Just means more miles on the boss's truck.

5:00 wake up and i'm heading down no matter what the forecast says....see you guys there.

Cams looked weak...hope one of you got something!

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Cams looked weak...hope one of you got something!
    none here...my dad, who surfs & lives 20min closer, got up early & took a quick ride down & called me to tell me not to bother. no swell to speak of getting around the corner into the more sheltered spots. knee high at best, he called it.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    none here...my dad, who surfs & lives 20min closer, got up early & took a quick ride down & called me to tell me not to bother. no swell to speak of getting around the corner into the more sheltered spots. knee high at best, he called it.
    yup, totally skunked