LOGIN | REGISTER

East Wind = Warmer Water?

A week's worth of east winds has to help bring the water temp into the 50's this week? Right?

Hasnt the mid-atlantic already pretty much topped 50 everywhere?
    Last edited by scotty; May 4, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Images
    NE winds in the mid-Atlantic and NorthEast push glorious water from the Gulf Stream shorebound.........The Gulf Stream being a warm water current.

What temp do you switch from 4/3 to 3/2? I'm at about 55 with a warm day...

I've been in 3/2 since April in north Jersey, now ditched gloves and hood. Perfectly fine out there in 3/2 and boots.

You're tougher than I am... Water in in North Jersey is just now getting to 50. It was in the 40's all through April. I need mid 50's to ditch the 4/3

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    I've been in 3/2 since April in north Jersey, now ditched gloves and hood. Perfectly fine out there in 3/2 and boots.

Images
    Hadnt surfed in over a week. Big jump in water temps in the past week in Delaware. Felt like upper 50s this afternoon. 3/2, no gloves, 3 mm boots. toasty for 3 hours of fun little waves, of the rippable kind:

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Hadnt surfed in over a week. Big jump in water temps in the past week in Delaware. Felt like upper 50s this afternoon. 3/2, no gloves, 3 mm boots. toasty for 3 hours of fun little waves, of the rippable kind:

Beautiful...good god I'm dying for some water time.