LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

in the pink or levitator

hey guys looking to get a new longboard either the takayama-in the pink or the bing levitator . i am looking at these two for there nose riding abilities and just to cruz on flat summer NJ days right now a have a tudor LB that has a decent amount of rocker and is a little thiner and is more of a performance LB. any insight greatly appreciated . ps anybody wanna buy a joel tudor LB 9'2"

In the pink. Or a cooperfish. The boards Takayama designed for Tudor are acknowledged by Tudor himself to be the best noseriders ever made, with the in the pink being his favorite I believe. There's one shaped by the man Donald, on Craigslist in PB for $1100. Mint condition from the ad. That's a steal, even you paid the guy 250$ to ship it. I can't buy it cause I ride the sh!1 of my boards, even the wall hanger looks thrashed. I'd pick a Cooperfish over both of them though.

Never mind, not an in the pink, the board in PB is a ModelT 9'4" Donald Takayama Hawaiian Pro Designs Model T - $1100 (PB)

I don't think I've ever paid more than 350$ for a longboard though.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 6, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Images
    why the cooperfish

Cause I look at Cooperfish boards and they look FAST. They're made to go and they look like they float like a feather and turn on a dime. They're about a third of the cost of a new Frye too.

Today was longboard day. Terrible conditions, lotta fun. Kelp and a little reef go a long way.

Holy crap, fBing licensed them too! Man, Calvani's gotta lot going on. Let me amend previous statement to be, if you can get a Cooperfish shaped by Gene get one.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 6, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Images
    ok thanks for the info.

Levitator all the way. I ran into a similar predicament last year: nose rider or performance. I was a little skeptical about the Levitator's wide tail on our EC chop, so I went with the Elevator, which offers a little more performance than just noseriding. If I could go back.... The Elevator totally flies - I can only imagine how the Levitator rides. A few dudes on my street have Levitators and they absolutely swear by them. On the same note, I know some tough dudes that love their pink. You've selected two great boards and you really can't go wrong either way.

If you want to keep it in the Forum Family...
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...-Sale-9-8-quot

INSANELY beautiful board....

Images
    Wish I had the cash on me for the board above. Still have the Joel Tudor for sale.

I love my pink. It is so much easier to walk on than any other board I've owned. I usually go with 1 fin in small waves. It also does quite well up to shoulder high especially when it is clean but feels a little slow. I have a 9' T Patterson for faster waves. Don't know about the Levitator.

Images
    thanks for the replies gonna wait till i get some more reviews