Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NE recap

NE recap

The last two and a half years here has been interesting and frustrating to say the least. In short, we are surf deprived. In my short time in MA maybe 3 solid swells have come and gone.
    Countless striped bass have been caught, two car accidents (not of my doing)1 new car with 20,000+ miles of commuter driving since last august. 108 inches of snow in 2015. Winter is Sept thru June. Summer is July thru August when ocean water temps hit a balmy 60degrees. I don't mind the cold water, but a 3/2 in August? And a 3/4 and boots in September? Definitley a different breed up here and I give you guys big creds for it. When it gets BIG, there are spots that rival any place on the globe. Trust me on that.
    Rubbed elbows with some celebs in the bars and knocked back many Green Heads. (Thanks Newburyport brewery)as they say" salt of the earth". Keep on keepin on, boyz.
    Lobsta, scallops, steamers, mussels, cod, haddock all done right.(New England has the best seafood) I will miss a lot of it. The surf and lack of it I will not.
    I feel very fortunate to have experienced New England and it's people and have made some life long friends here. All in all, New Englanders are a tough breed but they will always have your back.
    Their toughness is not a front.
    It's an endurance thang.
    Last edited by DonQ; Sep 9, 2016 at 01:43 AM.

I've heard it said that living in New England isn't so much about endurance as it is having a lack of imagination. Butt those were NYer's flapping their gums.

Great post by DQ, worthy of induction.

Images
    Interesting- would always welcome hearing more about the surf up there... Specially some of the points and reefs and such... I would be day dreaming about that while dropping into a Belmar bomb with a sand bottom and a few jetties...

Don Q this past winter was all time and super consistent.

Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Belmar View Post
    Interesting- would always welcome hearing more about the surf up there... Specially some of the points and reefs and such... I would be day dreaming about that while dropping into a Belmar bomb with a sand bottom and a few jetties...
    Not going to blow up spots here out of respect but maybe we can discuss it over a good pizza one day. K?

Images
    It can be inconsistent, n I dunno where you're at...but where else can you live 15-30 min from a spot affordably (that is, in a 2+ bedroom house with a yard, etc)

For my $ I gots it made, specially since last winter there was no winter, just swellllz nov-jan and 40* air temp

Images
    Hear Hear Don Q!

New England 4 lyfe! Where you moving to homie?

This past winter is what's getting me through my loss of watre time since la bambina.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Hear Hear Don Q!

This past winter is what's getting me through my loss of watre time since la bambina.
    And how, pray tell, is the bambina doing?? Well and healthy and beautiful, I hope!!

My grandbambina is doing well and is as beautiful as her mom and grand mom!! Biased opinion, of course!!
    But all are happy in the Cuda mansion!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Hear Hear Don Q!

It only gets tougher young buck but you'll get your water time. Hope the little one is doing great and your teaching her all the good stuff.

Reluctantly, my wife and I are headed back to the land of enchantment. "Christies Corner" I'm almost embarrassed to admit that but its home.
    New England will always be a little slice of heaven to me. I can see why most don't leave.
    I'll be back!

I was just going to say, what are you getting at? Hittin da road?!