Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 186

Thread: Close Calls

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,885
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Lol thanks! to freakin' funny...
    Anytime man, hope it works out for ya.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    highlands, nj
    Posts
    343
    Images
    21
    Im sure your friend is a great athlete but you should know better than to take someone out in anything over chest high on their second time? Thankfully you are both ok, it seems that if you weren't in great surfing shape, this story could have been tragic. I started surfing when I was 10 and by 15 I was pretty confident in bigger waves. But I joined the marine corps at 22 and at 30 my enlistment was complete. I've spent the last couple years trying to get back the surfing confidence that I once had and unfortunately I put myself in harms way thinking I was the same surfer I used to be. Im having a blast getting reacquainted with surfing but I have to remind myself that I don't have the skills I used to and the ocean is always the boss. Thanks for your story, it reminds me that even a strong surfer gets scared.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    1,229
    so im watching the newer battlestar galactica on netficks. i just watched the epsisode where Adama rescues everyone off of new caprica. what a great show. cant wait to see how it all plays out

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,529
    Images
    7
    Excuse please, I haven't read this thread yet, and I took a gander at it this morrow because it's been annoying me. I don't know why, but it has. I did a cursory read of it when it first came out, and kind of glazed over in my head, mans.

    First, there were no 8 foot waves there this past Sunday. Nope......... Second, I don't know brus, I just don't care aboot some beginner calamity. Everybody has them ........it's called paying your dues and learning from experience. Why is someone axing advice on this situation. You guys made it to shore through those "8 Foot bombs" and alls well.

    Then at first everyone weighs in on it........ and that's no good. Who cares. Sometimes this place is like a,"DEAR ANN LANDERS, I'm a retard who writes to nationally syndicated advice colums for help..........."

    Then as I was glancing through, I saw I guy I respect, say that this other guy, who isn't really respectable and always gets in verbal fisticuffs with people and I doubt is real knowlegable about the surfing, is respectable. Oi vey......Did y'all follow that.

    But I can't wait to delve into this one.......looks like a doozy......I want to thank whoever took it off subject. You should get an award. Man, the Boston Bomber ID thread is the only interesting one on the 1st page today beside this one, I reckon. As I said, I don't know what's going on yet. But again, whoever took it off topic should get an award. Thank you.
    Last edited by Paddington Jetty Bear; May 9, 2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: had to add something, ok. Is that ok?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,989
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Excuse please, I haven't read this thread yet, and I took a gander at it this morrow because it's been annoying me. I don't know why, but it has. I did a cursory read of it when it first came out, and kind of glazed over in my head, mans.

    First, there were no 8 foot waves there this past Sunday. Nope......... Second, I don't know brus, I just don't care aboot some beginner calamity. Everybody has them ........it's called paying your dues and learning from experience. Why is someone axing advice on this situation. You guys made it to shore through those "8 Foot bombs" and alls well.

    Then at first everyone weighs in on it........ and that's no good. Who cares. Sometimes this place is like a,"DEAR ANN LANDERS, I'm a retard who writes to nationally syndicated advice colums for help..........."

    Then as I was glancing through, I saw I guy I respect, say that this other guy, who isn't really respectable and always gets in verbal fisticuffs with people and I doubt is real knowlegable about the surfing, is respectable. Oi vey......Did y'all follow that.

    But I can't wait to delve into this one.......looks like a doozy......I want to thank whoever took it off subject. You should get an award. Man, the Boston Bomber ID thread is the only interesting one on the 1st page today.
    Jetty, you're invited too. Sorry for leaving you off the list!

  6. #126
    First move... Kill the cat
    Second move... Get a new couch

    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I find the arm and hammer odor eliminator products are great.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    First move... Kill the cat
    Second move... Get a new couch
    But that cat taught me how to surf! Took me out on a waist to chest high day in high currents by a rock jetty... Wait.... That's not me...

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,885
    Images
    6
    yeah man I can't, love my cat...some of the pee is mine to so it wouldn't be fair.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    845
    This thread reminds me of Big Fan.

    This was quite comical. If I may, we should celebrate Festivus together (not Thanksgiving). If there are any hard feelings between one another, we can proceed to the Feats of Strength.
    Last edited by KillaKiel; May 9, 2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    This thread reminds me of Big Fan.

    This was quite comical. If I may, we should celebrate Festivus together (not Thanksgiving). If there are any hard feelings between one another, we can proceed to the Feats of Strength.
    I'll bring the Pole and Chain!