Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Calls

Emass:
    My 2 centavos.
    From your statement "...got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours...", it sounds like you're on an urgent quest to make up for lost time and cram in as much surfing as quickly possible. I can sort of understand that, as I started learning to surf later in life. I'm 57 and have been only at it since August of last year. Sometimes I wish I had started sooner. Surfing is certainly addicting and consuming. I've often had to remind myself to be grateful for the experience (bad and good) and enjoy the journey. It's similar to learning martial arts, with which I've had some experience. Many beginners want to know right off how long it will take to earn a black belt. They're obsessed with getting a black belt in as short amount of time as possible. But in the process, they often miss the whole point, meaning, spirit, and the "art" of martial arts. There's more to it than just the mechanics. There's also a certain "seasoning" that comes with time. This is important too. I think surfing is somewhat similar in that regard.

yea... this guy can't be serious. i said before he's a hoax... now I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    If that last post is headed my way, I'll send some Preparation-H your way as the butt hurt seems to be on your backside as you're still talking about this days later.

It's flattering that you've been thinking about this a long time (much longer than my encyclopedia posts take to compose - what a verbal abyss of word salad those are!), but today's a day we need to be thinking about the mothers in our lives! Speaking of, I thought the cost of gas was exorbitant...take a gander at the price tag these days on Mother's Day cards. I should've made it by hand and put more cash into the gift certificate I got the saintly woman.

Got to run out the door now to a sunrise session. Noobs like me got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours til the wipeouts are only 8 of 10 takeoffs instead of 9.

Clemson, you cooking up a feast for Mama today? Soul food for errbuddy!

u <3 dix and live in cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Emass:
    My 2 centavos.
    From your statement "...got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours...", it sounds like you're on an urgent quest to make up for lost time and cram in as much surfing as quickly possible. I can sort of understand that, as I started learning to surf later in life. I'm 57 and have been only at it since August of last year. Sometimes I wish I had started sooner. Surfing is certainly addicting and consuming. I've often had to remind myself to be grateful for the experience (bad and good) and enjoy the journey. It's similar to learning martial arts, with which I've had some experience. Many beginners want to know right off how long it will take to earn a black belt. They're obsessed with getting a black belt in as short amount of time as possible. But in the process, they often miss the whole point, meaning, spirit, and the "art" of martial arts. There's more to it than just the mechanics. There's also a certain "seasoning" that comes with time. This is important too. I think surfing is somewhat similar in that regard.
    Great points you make, agree with it 100%, take your time and enjoy the journey

Just resurrecting some epicness. Somehow, I always pictured Emass' event going down something like this:

Poure frost

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhallalla View Post
    Just resurrecting some epicness. Somehow, I always pictured Emass' event going down something like this:

Y E S this awesome....the best part a where he just stood up, or didn't just bail the board and figure out how to swimme outta there, or when he passed up the chance to get on an nsp and float outta there

summer pros, man

Images
    i remember when he wrote this but i never commented on it to now i think i was just blown away by it.

that girl in the green bikini is saweet

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallalla View Post

heavy situation brah...

when ur getting pounded for 2 minutes before realizing ur in waist deep water...