LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Close Calls

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    How about posting your oyster stuffing recipe?

What's this thread about anyway?
    Here's a recipe for shrimp and grits dressing, y'all. They're goo-ood! But I'm not waitin' for Thanksgiving. You nawthun boys familiah with grits?

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011...ng-my-new.html

Images
    Love grits brahhh.

Hey dude, I had to think about this a long time. Don't get all butt hurt. It's not all about anyone.

Everything in the Universe is a wave.

Going through life and having everyone kiss your ass sounds boring. Really, who cares?

Lighten up man. You need to learn how to relax.

If that last post is headed my way, I'll send some Preparation-H your way as the butt hurt seems to be on your backside as you're still talking about this days later.

It's flattering that you've been thinking about this a long time (much longer than my encyclopedia posts take to compose - what a verbal abyss of word salad those are!), but today's a day we need to be thinking about the mothers in our lives! Speaking of, I thought the cost of gas was exorbitant...take a gander at the price tag these days on Mother's Day cards. I should've made it by hand and put more cash into the gift certificate I got the saintly woman.

Got to run out the door now to a sunrise session. Noobs like me got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours til the wipeouts are only 8 of 10 takeoffs instead of 9.

Clemson, you cooking up a feast for Mama today? Soul food for errbuddy!

here's your story: "I took an athletic guy out and nearly got us both killed by this jeddy we got smashed into." learn about surfing before you try to teach others. but, let me just say, the sheer volume of this story and the amount of pop-culture surf terms you use is truly impressive. if surfing ability was based on one's ability to talk for a long time about nothing, you'd be laird my friend.

Nice novel of kookiness kook!

Emass:
    My 2 centavos.
    From your statement "...got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours...", it sounds like you're on an urgent quest to make up for lost time and cram in as much surfing as quickly possible. I can sort of understand that, as I started learning to surf later in life. I'm 57 and have been only at it since August of last year. Sometimes I wish I had started sooner. Surfing is certainly addicting and consuming. I've often had to remind myself to be grateful for the experience (bad and good) and enjoy the journey. It's similar to learning martial arts, with which I've had some experience. Many beginners want to know right off how long it will take to earn a black belt. They're obsessed with getting a black belt in as short amount of time as possible. But in the process, they often miss the whole point, meaning, spirit, and the "art" of martial arts. There's more to it than just the mechanics. There's also a certain "seasoning" that comes with time. This is important too. I think surfing is somewhat similar in that regard.

Nobody ever listens to Turtle.

yea... this guy can't be serious. i said before he's a hoax... now I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    If that last post is headed my way, I'll send some Preparation-H your way as the butt hurt seems to be on your backside as you're still talking about this days later.

It's flattering that you've been thinking about this a long time (much longer than my encyclopedia posts take to compose - what a verbal abyss of word salad those are!), but today's a day we need to be thinking about the mothers in our lives! Speaking of, I thought the cost of gas was exorbitant...take a gander at the price tag these days on Mother's Day cards. I should've made it by hand and put more cash into the gift certificate I got the saintly woman.

Got to run out the door now to a sunrise session. Noobs like me got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours til the wipeouts are only 8 of 10 takeoffs instead of 9.

Clemson, you cooking up a feast for Mama today? Soul food for errbuddy!

u <3 dix and live in cambridge