LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Calls

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Spicoli, I think that with this thread you've probably managed to piss off some of the nicer and more helpful posters on this forum. I would expect that you never get a helpful reply to a post again, nor would you deserve one. Respect and humility go a long way in way in the line up and out of it. It's the rubric. Did I use that right?
    Well said- better then i just did!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    That's either a lack of looking at my username or making a play on El King de Shred en NJ.
    If it makes you feel better, I'll acknowledge your a MA surfer, who could've been in Jersey.

But your buddy's greenness in large surf was topped by a factor of two by a 19-year old woman who surfed for the very first time with her boyfriend in triple-overhead surf during Hurricane Fabian at Newport 2nd beach
    (at high-tide!).
    This was while Wes and Randy Lane tow-surfed 4x overhead surf at Satan's Ledge. The buoys were 10 @ 17s. Some of the swells were like 16 feet high while they were still 800 yards offshore.

All right, so it was a little rough, and the waves were like head-high plus. You just need to stay away from the hazards.

I haven't read your post yet, but I promise I'll get to it.

Roy Stewart's kid??

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I don't even know what to make of this.... why the fck am I not eating mcdonald's every day.... I must be wasting my time with trying to keep the fat off. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I'll acknowledge your a MA surfer, who could've been in Jersey.

But your buddy's greenness in large surf was topped by a factor of two by a 19-year old woman who surfed for the very first time with her boyfriend in triple-overhead surf during Hurricane Fabian at Newport 2nd beach
    (at high-tide!).
    This was while Wes and Randy Lane tow-surfed 4x overhead surf at Satan's Ledge. The buoys were 10 @ 17s. Some of the swells were like 16 feet high while they were still 800 yards offshore.

All right, so it was a little rough, and the waves were like head-high plus. You just need to stay away from the hazards.

I haven't read your post yet, but I promise I'll get to it.
    All kidding aside, I'm wrong to joke about the ocean! It's good that you both survived intact, what was obviously a harrowing experience. Like the Noller said, "Don't mess with the water". A slip on even a 4-foot wave can wipe you off the map.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I don't even know what to make of this.... why the fck am I not eating mcdonald's every day.... I must be wasting my time with trying to keep the fat off. lol.
    Seriously. Any other new england surfers seen the guy who's always out at Gansett area breaks who packs some serious extra poundage but still just rips? You'd know the guy if you'd seen him. It's so depressing watching someone his size out-paddle me and just generally out-surf me, but some consolation when I sit back and marvel at the sheer miracle of physics..

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    Seriously. Any other new england surfers seen the guy who's always out at Gansett area breaks who packs some serious extra poundage but still just rips? You'd know the guy if you'd seen him. It's so depressing watching someone his size out-paddle me and just generally out-surf me, but some consolation when I sit back and marvel at the sheer miracle of physics..
    You talking about the bald guy? If you are, I surfed around him at PJ last Sept. He's a trip and was definitely charging the bombs all the way up the point.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I know exactly who you're talking about...dude has a MEAN paddle game and hauls ass at his size, absolutely shreds.

Not the guy I'm thinking of, though I'm glad to hear RI is so stocked with the heavies!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I know exactly who you're talking about...dude has a MEAN paddle game and hauls ass at his size, absolutely shreds.
    Clearly, I type slowly.

It's straight unfathomable watching him paddle for a wave. The laws of inertia just seem to not apply.