LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    by the way the new surfer mag got a big board selection review in it with some good tips about fins,boards,etc.i learned a lot things I never thought made a difference,but according to the mag I guess it matters.it gets real scientific,a good read and itll let you know what boards are good for what conditions

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    For some reason, in my head I kept picturing that board as having a more traditional fish tail. That's pretty pulled in, almost a swallow. I bet you end up riding it in some pretty solid sold waves. Let me know what stripping the wax off that kick surface is like when you get around to it. It's the one thing that makes me a little skeptical.
    Yeah, it's a swallow tail (per MD), pretty pulled in for sure, it was that or go with the moon tail which looks cool too, but I wanted the traditional swallow tail instead. I sure hope to ride it in some solid waves, 6-8 so far which is pretty solid, i'm not trying to ride the largest waves in the world, but 10-12 sure sounds fun (next wave milestone)

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    not to throw the thread off but what your guys take on bonzers in big surf?
    Some guys insist that bonzers work best in big, fast surf. I've only ridden them in under head high.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Some guys insist that bonzers work best in big, fast surf. I've only ridden them in under head high.
    yo lb did you get the PM i sent you about the mini simmons and that article in surfers journal?

Yea, 757... I went back to my stack of mags and couldn't find it. Which issue???

That "golden ratio" concept is interesting, though...

its a 6' 3" with a 70's style shape and heavy glass. i had to have it. im pretty sure its going to work just wanted to see if any body had one and used it in the big stuff.
    thanks,

Yea, 757... I went back to my stack of mags and couldn't find it. Which issue???

That "golden ratio" concept is interesting, though...
    \

the last issue had a cool article about a shaper using the ratio.

Images
    yea i think it was 22.2. its the one with al knost on it. yea that golden ratio thing is incredible. if it really does work, bob simmons was an absolute genious

Share that link! Tried to look it up and had no luck.

My step up is a beautiful 6'9 shaped by Redman under the Hatteras Glass label. It's a custom I ordered about 8 years ago when I was living in Avon. Dimensions have faded but he had me go a few inches longer and a quarter inch narrower than my hpsb at the time. Also a quarter inch thicker where it would help with paddling. When u need a step up there's typically a good deal more water moving around. The bottom is relatively flat with a little vee for cutting thru the chop. He was a talented shaper and is missed. I've ordered customs from other shapers and nothing has come close for me.

Once you have the right equipment, know your limits and you'll be fine.